The Coaching Staff

NUFC

Guest reefatoon

My wife was at a do last week where Black was the speaker. She said he was really good and came across well and was inspiring in what he was saying.  God know's what he is doing at the training ground, but our bunch of soppy knackers are not taking anything in.

I always thought there should be more coaches. The manager explains how he wants the team to play and what he would like the coaches to work on and the coaches then go and work with the players in specific areas. It makes sense (well, to me at least) that a defensive coach could pass his knowledge onto the defenders in the squad etc. This way doesn't mean that the players get mixed messages, as the manager has already explained his philosophy to the coaching staff.

Exactly.  That's how it works in modern football.  Until recently, we've ran with a skeleton crew.  Probably because Ashley got burnt having to pay off Allardyce's backroom team, consisting of about 30 people, including 3 personal chefs.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/resources/images/4352048/?type=mc&htype=54

Guest Howaythetoon

Black may be a good individual or personal motivator and for rugby type men who are real men and will buy into motivational techniques, but footballers are pampered and selfish types who while listening to some old guy talk will be day dreaming of playing Fifa on the xbox. I can imagine someone like him around the place every day will be considered a ear ache with our lot.

Seems weird to me. What the f*** do some of em do???

For me it must be confusing for anyone to have 4/5/6 different 'coaches' saying potentially different things...

You probably want the manager handling all transfers as well, right?

The number of coaches is the least of our worries.

Seems weird to me. What the f*** do some of em do???

For me it must be confusing for anyone to have 4/5/6 different 'coaches' saying potentially different things...

You probably want the manager handling all transfers as well, right?

The number of coaches is the least of our worries.

Yep if it was the right manager...

Agree it is not the major worry, just find it all very odd.

Of course football was only invented in 1992, anything pre SKY or premier league never happened.

it's a simple game being overly complicated. imo of course,

It's a simple game, but it's a complicated business. One person being able to handle coaching the team and player recruitment is a relic from a previous era. Of course the manager/head coach should be involved in the process and his style of play should be accounted for in the process. This is one of many areas we fail spectacularly in.

They feel his motivational speeches are too long – on occasions, over an hour – and we understand that the club’s foreign players, in particular, are not relating to his message.

What the fuck? :lol:

These are footballers and you're sitting them down for an hour and giving them speeches?  What are we doing? :lol:

at the moment i genuinely feel like the one thing that's left to do is the one thing that is required to get this group of players motivated and the one thing they don't appear to have the balls to do

the whole setup is too nice and the players don't give a fuck so drop sissoko, colo, colback, maybe janmaat (bit harsh imo) and SMC needs to go public that certain individuals just don't have the heart and fight to play for the club so they won't be wearing the shirt until until they show that they have it in the reserves and see how they react, just as importantly see how the players not dropped react knowing that the axe is now out

it could not be any worse so what's to lose other than maybe some of sissoko's transfer fee?

the major issue with this now, of course, is that SMC has left it so fucking long to act most of the people he could bring into the team are injured :lol: