England: Thomas Tuchel signs 18 month contract with England from Jan 1 2025 (Official)

Nobody

I can't believe Lampard still gets touted as a serious option for most of the top jobs :lol: I know it's the thicker end of our best of British beef brained pundit stack but even then!

Sam allardyce

Steve bruce

Alan pardew

Graham potter

Steven gerrard

Frank lampard

Wayne rooney

Lee carsley

Eddie howe

It is pretty poor like. 😂 

Only eddie that stands out 

I do feel we are weak because so many ex player managers refuse to drop down the leagues to manage and learn the trade. 

Only Rooney Potter have. 

Edited by andycap

11 minutes ago, andycap said:

Sam allardyce

Steve bruce

Alan pardew

Graham potter

Steven gerrard

Frank lampard

Wayne rooney

Lee carsley

Eddie howe

It is pretty poor like. 😂 

Only eddie that stands out 

Early days for some of them. Interesting to see how they are all doing post 2026 WC.

Still think Graham Potter would have been a very good fit for England. Would have kept the defensive solidity of Southgate but would have had us playing better going forwards

Think Tuchel is a great appointment. Got the ego and the tactical nouse. Also not woke like Southgate. 

Would’ve been delighted to have him here if Eddie had left for London FC. 

The way the media are going on is fucking embarrassing. Shock horror. 

Edited by Danh1

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Carsley would have undoubtedly been brought through by Spain, Germany and others with that cv imo.

Carsley blew it by going weak at the knees when he needed to make the big calls on Foden, Bellingham and Palmer

1 minute ago, WilliamPS said:

Carsley blew it by going weak at the knees when he needed to make the big calls on Foden, Bellingham and Palmer

I don't think you blow it in one game, that early, with his experience with those players tbh. 

3 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Was it really a big call? Can’t a manager experiment in these meaningless games?

10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Carsley would have undoubtedly been brought through by Spain, Germany and others with that cv imo.

Yeah, I made this point after the Greece game. I think for any of those nations they would have given him the chance at least.

Why I think it cost him is that one of Englands biggest problems during the ‘golden generation’ and during the summer is the manager not being bigger than the players and making the big calls, any sign of that happening was fatal to his candidacy. The folk memory of Lampard and Gerard is just too strong.

Had he done some other wacky experiment and lost he might have got away with it.

6 minutes ago, Paully said:

Surely my mate is wrong - Neville isn’t happy that Tuchel got it ahead of Lampard?!!!!

Him and carragher saying they think it should be an English manager that's all.

I don't think you can take much from the Greece game now that we know Tuchel had already signed up before the game. It's very likely Carsley knew that and was probably quite pissed off about it. Don't think we can assume his tactics would have been the same if he'd thought he was auditioning for the job, probably thought fuck it I'll try and win 10 nil.

He would absolutely have been given the job in Germany or Italy or Spain based on his previous. You can see just in this thread what a disrespect there is already towards him, I guess because he's a scowling bald rough looking bloke called Lee who used to kick people for Derby. Even winning the u21 Euros isn't enough for a lot of people to see through that. People want good English coaches but they also want them to look and act a certain way.

Well if Tuchel was in before Greece then fair enough Greece couldn’t be a factor

Am not sure Carsley would get the Germany job for example though, Nagelsmann and Flick both came from Bayern. Low was assistant but had a history before that. I get Klinsman is the only one plucked out? Italy hire very experienced mangers: Spalletti, Mancini, Conte etc. Spain hired their youth coach but he’s much more experienced than Carsley, and before that they had Luis Enrique, and their glory days it was Aragones and Del Bosque

5 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Yeah

I must have imagined the Daily Mail talking about a dark day, and some of the other nonsense I've read in the last 24 hours.

I've read much more about his nationality than I have his ability/achievements.

1 hour ago, Danh1 said:

Think Tuchel is a great appointment. Got the ego and the tactical nouse. Also not woke like Southgate. 

Would’ve been delighted to have him here if Eddie had left for London FC. 

The way the media are going on is fucking embarrassing. Shock horror. 

My god the British (English) media are fucking rancid. 
ITV news banging on about a section of England fans being unhappy with the appointment as “you’re not English” and “will he sing the national anthem”

Fucking rancid, utterly rancid.

Who the fuck cares if he sings that turgid, dire reverential shite!

Hes a good manager paid to do a job

Pandering to the lowest denominator and knuckle dragging Neanderthals as usual

Stirring up shite and they are loving it. Bet they have cameras a plenty pointed at him on his first game with morons like carragher and Neville bemoaning his non English status.

Fucking sickening