England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

You need one of Henderson / Delph / Milner in the midfield 3 for me, and Henderson is the best of that bunch.

I'd take Dier over all of those on current form. He's been a revelation for Spurs this season at DM.

Yep, same here. Wilshere if he can get fit but we all know how unlikely that is to happen.

You need one of Henderson / Delph / Milner in the midfield 3 for me, and Henderson is the best of that bunch.

I'd take Dier over all of those on current form. He's been a revelation for Spurs this season at DM.

I was meaning more of a box to box player rather than a DM. Wilshere would be my pseudo DM assuming he's fit. Which is obviously a big assumption to make.

I quite like Henderson, he's decent and has a great engine. Obviously you don't need many players like him in one team, but he could balance the more risk-taking players.

I don't get what he offers. Isn't particularly good on either side of the ball to make him worth picking.

Absolutely. Very jealous of Spurs if i'm honest. They have finally stopped buying garbage in general and started buying winners. Dier and Alli both seem to be strong mentally as well coming into the league with the big boys and not looking out of place one bit. Those two along with Kane simply have to start for England to have any chance to progressing in the tournament.

• 3 weeks later...

The difference of having a proper manager and a board that will support that manager in what he wants to do.

Actually, I think we're more similar than that. It's more like we each have a board that decided on a particular approach and looked for managers that support the board in what they want to do. It's just that our board (Levy) decided the way forward was to buy young and develop youth, whereas your board (Ashley) wants a manager who won't rock the boat.

Backing the manager is overrated, it's much better for the club to have a clear philosophy and pick a manager to fit it.

Aye stability in general in football is overrated. Eventually players get bored of listening to the same people apart from in some notable exceptions

• 2 weeks later...

Probably too early to start talking about the squad for the Euro's but I still think England will be a much better team if Rooney is no where near it.

Guest Roger Kint

SOS chosen over SJP for Australia international, what the fuck is Charnley doing? How can we lose out to them?

Embarrassing.

We didnt lose out ffs. We are hosting two days of rugby league the previous weekend

I might have gone if it was at SJP but too much hassle to get down there when I am not that bothered about England.

Should be a boost for the city though as most fans will stay in Newcastle.

Guest Roger Kint

They'll be gutted Townsend is unlikely to make the squad. Who are they going to make monkey noises at?

5eYG9.gif

SOS chosen over SJP for Australia international, what the f*** is Charnley doing? How can we lose out to them?

Embarrassing.

7 in a row. FTM

They're the real winners of this week like #Mackemedia

• 2 weeks later...

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 2m2 minutes ago

1/2 BREAKING: England squad to face Germany & Netherlands: Butland, Forster, Hart, Bertrand, Cahill, Clyne, Jagielka, Rose, Smalling, Stones

2/2... Walker, Alli, Barkley, Dier, Drinkwater, Henderson, Lallana, Milner, Sterling, Kane, Sturridge, Vardy, Walcott, Welbeck. #SSNHQ