England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

18 of the 23 play for the top 6. :lol:

without looking surely that would be the case for most major nations with a strong national league (germany, spain, italy etc.)?

I doubt there is another nation that will pick 17 of it's players exclusively from the top 6 of it's own domestic league and have aspirations of going far in the competition. We are shit from top to bottom and hope the big teams can prop us up as we have nothing to offer from decent foreign teams and don't trust players outside the top 10.

Embarrassing really.

Not really, La Liga players will be dominated by Barca, Madrid and Atletico and considering unlike them we don't have many overseas players performing it's not at all surprising.

It's a very short sighted view point just said as an excuse to be angry at the big teams. It's not like the league is full of amazing players outside the top 6 and even if those players were picked we still wouldn't be going very far.

:thup:

it only really applies to 4 leagues anyway as most of the others will have more "better" players playing outside of their domestic leagues imo

I actually like Delph and RLC, but we seriously lack a ball playing midfielder. I can already picture the underhit sideways passes as we're drawing 0-0 with Tunisia on the 82nd minute.

Southgate: "Something to build on... not a loss... positives to take... regroup..."

without looking surely that would be the case for most major nations with a strong national league (germany, spain, italy etc.)?

I doubt there is another nation that will pick 17 of it's players exclusively from the top 6 of it's own domestic league and have aspirations of going far in the competition. We are shit from top to bottom and hope the big teams can prop us up as we have nothing to offer from decent foreign teams and don't trust players outside the top 10.

Embarrassing really.

Not really, La Liga players will be dominated by Barca, Madrid and Atletico and considering unlike them we don't have many overseas players performing it's not at all surprising.

It's a very short sighted view point just said as an excuse to be angry at the big teams. It's not like the league is full of amazing players outside the top 6 and even if those players were picked we still wouldn't be going very far.

I guarantee the Spain squad has more than 5 players from outside the top 6 teams.

18 of the 23 play for the top 6. [emoji38]

Yep, it's a silly argument really.

It's not that silly as players like Rose and Welbeck have barely featured for their big clubs and afaik Delph has only played at LB for Man City this season.

Welbeck has played 40 games this season and was pretty much starting every game until Aubameyang came.

That's absolute nonsense

I actually like Delph and RLC, but we seriously lack a ball playing midfielder. I can already picture the underhit sideways passes as we're drawing 0-0 with Tunisia on the 82nd minute.

Southgate: "Something to build on... not a loss... positives to take... regroup..."

Jones will just hit it long to Kane, it's fine.

It's not that silly as players like Rose and Welbeck have barely featured for their big clubs and afaik Delph has only played at LB for Man City this season.

Welbeck has played 40 games this season and was pretty much starting every game until Aubameyang came.

He has featured in 40 games, mainly as a sub for 10-15 minutes on the wing or behind the striker. He has started 4 games in 2018.

What are we looking at here then?

Pickford

Walker Stones Cahill

Henderson

Trippier Alli Lingard Rose

Sterling Kane

Butland, Pope, Alexander-Arnold, Maguire, Jones, Young, Dier, Loftus-Cheek, Delph, Welbeck, Rashford, Vardy

?

Embarrassing really.

I guarantee the Spain squad has more than 5 players from outside the top 6 teams.

significantly more?  the point is that it's being pointed to as some kind of massive anomaly when it really isn't and shouldn't be

Welbeck has featured in 43 games and amassed 25 full games worth of minutes.

Pickford

Walker Stones Cahill

Henderson

Sterling Kane

Butland, Pope, Alexander-Arnold, Maguire, Jones, Young, Dier, Loftus-Cheek, Delph, Welbeck, Rashford, Vardy

?

holy fuck that looks awful on paper

Embarrassing really.

Yeah because they have players like Silva etc etc in other leagues which we don't, players picked from La Liga will be dominated by the teams i mentioned.

Pickford

Walker Stones Cahill

Henderson

Sterling Kane

?

holy fuck that looks awful on paper

Formatting leaves a lot to be desired, I must admit.

Embarrassing really.

significantly more?  the point is that it's being pointed to as some kind of massive anomaly when it really isn't and shouldn't be

Well I don't know how statistically significant like :lol: But it'll be more than 5 and they won't mainly be GKs.

Pickford

Walker Stones Cahill

Henderson

Sterling Kane

?

Please tell me Cahill is there just for experience and not to play? He's been unbelievably poor ths season.  Such a decline.

Danny Rose hasn't been much better. Stick Delph in his place for me.

Embarrassing really.

Yeah because they have players like Silva etc etc in other leagues which we don't, players picked from La Liga will be dominated by the teams i mentioned.

I just made that point ffs :lol: I said we have no talent at decent foreign teams, so we resort to selecting top 6 squad players as we don't trust in form bottom half players :lol:

Pickford

Walker Stones Cahill

Henderson

Sterling Kane

?

Coming home very early and probably not making it out the group... :lol:

Pickford

Walker Stones Cahill

Henderson

Sterling Kane

?

Can't see Cahill starting and it won't be 2 uptop IMO but aye roughly that.

Pickford

Walker Stones Cahill

Henderson

Sterling Kane

?

Can't see Cahill starting and it won't be 2 uptop IMO but aye roughly that.

Cheers. I'm massively out of the loop with these cunts, was just trying to get my head around what the "plan" is.

Pickford

Walker Stones Cahill

Henderson

Sterling Kane

?

How is this a "young squad" ?