Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

What are we looking at here then?

Pickford

Walker Stones Cahill

Henderson

Trippier Alli Lingard Rose

Sterling Kane

Butland, Pope, Alexander-Arnold, Maguire, Jones, Young, Dier, Loftus-Cheek, Delph, Welbeck, Rashford, Vardy

?

Can't see Cahill starting and it won't be 2 uptop IMO but aye roughly that.

Cheers. I'm massively out of the loop with these cunts, was just trying to get my head around what the "plan" is.

Hard to tell officially given the last friendlies were decimated by injuries/pullots/weird callups but I reckon it'll be:

Pickford

Walker-Jones-Stones

Trippier - Henderson - Dier - Rose

Sterling - Alli

Kane

albeit you shouldn't need two pivots for a game v Panama or Tunisia. I'm not sure I like the idea of the best attacking RB playing some hybrid role either but at least it's novel.

I’ve not bothered with England friendlies recently so how have we looke with 3atb? On paper our squad looks best suited to 4231. A Sterling, Alli, Rashford and Kane front 4 looks looks quite exciting.

Wait til he does his hair in some mildly unique way and all the proud white English patriots let im av it

???

Well it happens all the time doesn't it. Remember that time it happened to... err... Beckham, and... probably someone else in the last 100 years.

1 winger, just like at the Euro's. What a mess.

Which other ones would you take?

:lol: Aye this is it, i can understand some CBs and CMs should have probably been given a chance but when it comes to forwards and wingers there are literally zero alternatives and it's arguably the only part of the team which looks decent anyway.

It's alright TBH, there are a few people lucky to be in there but they probably won't get on the pitch anyway.

I think Rose/Maguire/Cahill are the ones I would have most questions over. Assume Delph is mainly going as LB since Rose is the only other one.

Hasn't Loftus-Cheek been playing as one of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1 for Palace with Cabaye and Milivojevic as the 2? If he plays Henderson and Dier as the midfield 2 it will be fucking awful, so defensive.

If he plays Henderson and Dier as the midfield 2 it will be fucking awful, so defensive.

That's what he's done in every other game isn't it?

Don't know to be honest, haven't watched the last few England games.

It's 100% Henderson and Dier like.

Loftus-Cheek will be backup for Alli I would assume, I really like him but it'd be canny mental if Southate considers him a better fit than Shelvey in CM. The only player I can see fitting into a Southgate central midfield from the bench/reserve is Delph. A fairly average midfielder who's been playing as a left back in a team that despises defending for the past year.