England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Still have the underbelly of the old shaky, vulnerable England who lack a bit of confidence at times.  

Breaking down those stubborn teams is really hard TBF, needs a bit more in midfield to open up spaces maybe.

Shame to see the first goal as well, which was an incredibly soft penalty. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

We were terribly ponderous going forward in the second half against a desperately mediocre team. You’d want us to be able to maintain pressure on a team like that, probing for opportunities - someone like Grealish might have made a difference and taken the game by the scruff.

On the other side of the coin, that centreback pairing just makes me so nervous. I did think that Walker looked pretty classy at RB. It’s all so very mundane, although when you look at other results it’s hard to get too worked up.

Southgate talking about fatigue when he decided to play all of Stones, Chilwell, Phillips, Mount and Sterling against San Marino. Really could have put any combination of players out against that lot and won very comfortably. Can't help but worry about how utterly gassed so many players are going to be when the Euros come around. Certainly by the time they're preparing for the new season. I know this season is an anomaly but surely something's got to give eventually. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Southgate talking about fatigue when he decided to play all of Stones, Chilwell, Phillips, Mount and Sterling against San Marino. Really could have put any combination of players out against that lot and won very comfortably. Can't help but worry about how utterly gassed so many players are going to be when the Euros come around. Certainly by the time they're preparing for the new season. I know this season is an anomaly but surely something's got to give eventually. 

You can't man mark a postman tbf.  Fuckers are erratic could arrive anywhere at anytime.

Getting to the stage where the shelf life for a full-back, winger, AM for England might end up at 26-27 with the depth and quality coming through. Wouldn’t have been able to imagine Sterling’s place being under threat for instance a year ago but it’ll be a close call for him being a starter.

21 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Sterling over Grealish/Rashford for me. Maybe the next World Cup will be different but his stats still compare alongside the rest even this season.

Sterling or Rashford if he’s injured. Need the speed if Kane and Foden are the other two.

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I’d take Kane plus a backup. Rashford could play there if need be and even Sterling in an emergency.

I'm with you 2 strikers and 10 midfielders