England

Yorkie

3 hours ago, Disco said:

Just realised I’ve missed Bellingham off :lol: FFS.

Think that’s why I’d go with Kane, Calvert-Lewin and use Rashford in an emergency. Frees up a space for someone like Bellingham or Ward-Prowse to add a bit more quality to CM. We’d have to be desperately unlucky to be without all 3 of them at any one point.

25 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think that’s why I’d go with Kane, Calvert-Lewin and use Rashford in an emergency. Frees up a space for someone like Bellingham or Ward-Prowse to add a bit more quality to CM. We’d have to be desperately unlucky to be without all 3 of them at any one point.

I would now aye, that’s why I needed a picker to check. My squad presuming all fit would be...

Pope, Pickford, Henderson (3 GK)

James, Trippier, Chilwell, Shaw (4.5 FB/WB)

Maguire, Stones, Walker, Keane (3.5 CB)

Henderson, Rice, Phillips, Bellingham (4 CM)

Sterling, Foden, Mount, Saka, Grealish (5AM)

Kane, DCL, Rashford (3 CF)

Three in italics won’t go.

Put in our 2004 defence and 1998 CMs and that’d be unreal. Think our AM options and main CF is as good as I’ve ever seen it. Pickford gets stick but I think he’s okay for this England squad where he won’t face much until the last 8 and distribution is key.

Pickford

Neville

Cole

Ferdinand

Terry

Ince

Batty

Sterling

Mount

Foden

Kane

Edited by Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, Disco said:

I would now aye, that’s why I needed a picker to check. My squad presuming all fit would be...

Pope, Pickford, Henderson (3 GK)

James, TAA, Chilwell, Shaw (4.5 FB/WB)

Maguire, Stones, Walker, Mings (3.5 CB)

Henderson, Rice, Phillips, Bellingham (4 CM)

Sterling, Foden, Mount, Sancho, Grealish (5AM)

Kane, DCL, Rashford (3 CF)

Three in italics won’t go.

My changes in bold. And yeah, that extra striker is hard to justify when it's all laid out.

In reality I think Trippier and Lingard will be picked for TAA and Grealish and possibly another CB for Sancho.

Rice and Henderson could fill in at CB if any injuries and Mount can also play a bit deeper, plus we'll only play with one striker I imagine. So it's the wings and attacking mids we should have lots of options in, which is where we excel. Rashford can play CF if we have injuries also. Think versatility is the key here.

Ill freely admit that i havnt paid much attention to the england team in the last few years but it seems as though were building towards a peak, in terms of the quality of player available. a golden generation if you like.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neesy111
18 minutes ago, Ben said:

Watching Watkins tonight just confirms my thoughts that Kane an Wilson should be our only strikers this summer

Bamford should go.

On 16/04/2021 at 05:48, Lazarus said:

Ill freely admit that i havnt paid much attention to the england team in the last few years but it seems as though were building towards a peak, in terms of the quality of player available. a golden generation if you like.

Totally disagree. Feel like things are only getting better. Fully convinced I’ll see a major honor or two in my lifetime. 

5 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Totally disagree. Feel like things are only getting better. Fully convinced I’ll see a major honor or two in my lifetime. 

'I hear everything you say and concurr completely, so I totally disagree!' :lol:

19 minutes ago, HawK said:

'I hear everything you say and concurr completely, so I totally disagree!' :lol:

Doh. I completely misread what he said. What I meant was, I agree and am fully convinced we’ll see a major honor or two. 

Edited by Astroblack

1 hour ago, Astroblack said:

Thats kinda what i meant. we should have an excellent squad for the next WC and the one after.

The only real issues are central defense and an overly cautious manager.

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Even Sterling's place is open to debate, with the amount of great players in those positions. 

Wouldn't have Sterling in there neither. He's lost his place to Foden in the Man City team for a reason.

Would rather have Sancho on the right as well, would be better balanced to have someone looking for the assist to Kane on the right. 

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Behind Sterling for me but probably first off the bench.

Grealish, Sterling and Rashford behind Kane is dangerous in so many ways.  Rashford has been carrying an injury for most of this season and people are criticising him. He has 20 goals and 13 assists in all competitions. That's not a player to be sitting on the bench for me.