England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Just now, KaKa said:

Guilty of playing like he's on the Man City team. Too slow too much sideways passing. Grealish often guilty of the same.

But there's no De Bruyne to then open things up with a killer ball.

Needs to play a different way for England, with far more urgency and greater responsibility.

100%.  Which requires a good manager or coach to instruct him properly.

We don’t have one.  

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Guilty of playing like he's on the Man City team. Too slow too much sideways passing. Grealish often guilty of the same.

But there's no De Bruyne to then open things up with a killer ball.

Needs to play a different way for England, with far more urgency and greater responsibility.

What a wild post to quote for this

Pathetic performance. Southgate is shit (we've known for years) and should have been sacked after the World Cup.

1 shot on target :lol:

The problem with losing a game like this where there's zero stakes and no one gives a single fuck - it's a really good indicator of the polar-opposite situations to come. Germany also turning it around against European middleweights Greece makes it all the more pointless for us. 

Posted (edited)

Up at 4am for work but decided to stop up and watch that. 

What a 1st class idiot I am!

Goodnight everyone.

Edited by Scoot

Just now, Dancing Brave said:

An excellent fact finding friendly match that will help Southgate a lot.

nah, it was just shite. 

He must have heard the Man U rumors. 

Guess he doesn't want it! ☺️

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

100%.  Which requires a good manager or coach to instruct him properly.

We don’t have one.  

Yeah ... Southgate should be hammering that into him all the time.

Having said that though, no idea why Foden doesn't get it.

Should realise he needs to be getting far more involved and looking to make more happen.

Actually thought Palmer has done more of that the past two games, even though he hasn't quite had things go for him yet.

3 minutes ago, OCK said:

I'll be boycotting this Euros and rewatching Euro 96 instead. I hope we win it this time.

Sorry to ruin the ending, but a glakey cunt misses a penalty and we go out.

Luckily he never had owt to do with England again after that. 

8 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

@Yorkie Positive comments on Southgate? Meaningless game but that was abject. 

Not defending anything, it's just utterly meaningless isn't it. There's no 'but' where you've put one; it's not even worthy of analysis. The players couldn't give a shit and are playing at about 25% cos they don't want to get injured on the eve of the tournament. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Not defending anything, it's just utterly meaningless isn't it. There's no 'but' where you've put one; it's not even worthy of analysis. The players couldn't give a shit and are playing at about 25% cos they don't want to get injured on the eve of the tournament. 

Think you're being remarkably kind there.

Get your point that they won't be going full tilt so they don't get injured pre-tournament, but we can definitely talk about why you had Palmer, Foden and Kane standing on each others toes in the 10 position all night, or the ridiculous inclusion of competition winner Mainoo in centre mid, or the general negative approach to the entire thing and fact we didn't lay a single glove on a team of no-marks.

5 minutes ago, Disco said:

I like the little flourishes on the ‘s’ in ‘pedos’

It says ‘sure, the torch-wielding mob want you strung by your bollocks from the nearest lamppost, but that doesn’t mean that graffiti can’t have some frivolity’

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

Think you're being remarkably kind there.

Get your point that they won't be going full tilt so they don't get injured pre-tournament, but we can definitely talk about why you had Palmer, Foden and Kane standing on each others toes in the 10 position all night, or the ridiculous inclusion of competition winner Mainoo in centre mid, or the general negative approach to the entire thing and fact we didn't lay a single glove on a team of no-marks.

If we play anything like that in a competitive game I'd call it exactly as you have there. 

Mind you I agree that Mainoo should barely see the pitch in the tournament. It is a problem position though; unless you're putting a square peg in there, it's gonna be someone a bit naff.

Fairly confident we’ll go far, there’s just too much quality in the squad to not go far and say what you want about Southgate tactically but the players do want to be there and do care whereas I think the “golden age” squad were a lot more selfish