England

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, Cf said:

Spain will utterly twat us if we get that far. 

Wey Nar, Yamal will be 17 by the time he plays us, that's his pace gone 

1 hour ago, Cf said:

Spain will utterly twat us if we get that far. 

You just never know, we've been shite like but so were Man Utd and they pretty comfortably beat City in the FA Cup final so freak results can happen.

Very rare a team wins all 7 games as well. Think whoever wins tomorrow has a chance.

On 07/07/2024 at 17:40, Doctor Zaius said:

Why was the BBC absolutely desperate to tell us how good England were throughout. Particularly at half time. 

We hardly turned it on and we're second best for large periods of the game. We were better than the Slovakia game but not by much. 

We're still massively lopsided. Literally have nobody playing on the left. I don't think Bellingham knows where he's supposed to be, Foden is drifting about but he's not really finding pockets of space that you'd expect from someone clearly given a free role. Kane dropping really deep too. 

It's the same issues we've had all tournament. If the Dutch have anything about them theyll turn us over imo, but I don't think they're particularly good either.

The quality of punditry on BBC is absolutely fucking dreadful these days. When you've got grateful cheerleaders and fucking idiots like Rio, Jenas and Richards passing comment, the insight will be about as valuable as their collective IQ.

Just now, Heron said:

Southgate you're the one

You still turn me on

Football's coming home again

Had a feeling from waking up this morning we were gonna win today. Hoping for the same on Sunday, surely, surely!

I actually think it's in spite of Southgate. However, Gareth is an all round good guy doing his best for England. He is respectable and deserves respect as a person.

They cannot have Eddie. England will not have world dominance at Newcastle's loss.

15 minutes ago, Heron said:

I actually think it's in spite of Southgate. However, Gareth is an all round good guy doing his best for England. He is respectable and deserves respect as a person.

They cannot have Eddie. England will not have world dominance at Newcastle's loss.

It could never happen but can you imagine England under Eddie!? At least Gordon would get the minutes he deserves.

Just now, Mattoon said:

It could never happen but can you imagine England under Eddie!? At least Gordon would get the minutes he deserves.

Gordon nice and fresh for the season starting though. All good.

Just now, Disco said:

Gordon nice and fresh for the season starting though. All good.

Tbf he eas player of the tournament for the U21s and absolutely smashed it and still came back and played the season of his career. I just hope this hasn't knocked his confidence and makes him want to prove himself more. Given his attitude so far I'd say its the latter.

12 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

We'd be unstoppable imo.

The ability at his disposal. Playing the English way.

But as much as I think he is mediocre, he's respectable (Southgate). People often forget they are just people at the opposite end.

Edited by Heron

17 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Tbf he eas player of the tournament for the U21s and absolutely smashed it and still came back and played the season of his career. I just hope this hasn't knocked his confidence and makes him want to prove himself more. Given his attitude so far I'd say its the latter.

He’ll be reet. 

24 minutes ago, Heron said:

We'd be unstoppable imo.

The ability at his disposal. Playing the English way.

But as much as I think he is mediocre, he's respectable (Southgate). People often forget they are just people at the opposite end.

Southgate is a nice guy, poor tactician but he has something that a lot of managers don't, luck. You can only beat what's in front of you but boy has he been lucky at times. He made the right subs today, probably 10 or 15 minutes too late, but it paid off.