England

Yorkie

Guest firetotheworks

We were shit in the last few minutes there like and Croatia deserved to win. I couldn’t believe that Alli was more interested in scrapping with a Croatian player with 2 minutes of a World Cup semi final to go than he was in getting on with the game. Embarrassing from him.

That said, huge postitives with Trippier, Maguire & Pickford who done all they could tbf.

He's a human being at the end of the day, high stakes, emotionally and physically drained, shit happens.

Kane missed two good chances, but I think saying he had a shit game is unfair. We gave him fuck all, really. He was contesting headers on the edge of the circle, ffs.

I agree with this actually.

Especially once Sterling went off. Nothing seems to open up the opposition when he isn't on.

But then when he is on, he does waste a lot of opportunities to deliver a final ball or finish.

Lingaard and Dele are culpable IMO. Not enough creativity from those two, which is incredibly disappointing.

Kane missing that chance in the first half and that header man. The header seems worse for me as he didn't really anticipate it. Shearer would've fucking buried it.

Aye, think Kane was the biggest disappointment for me - your real top players do it when it really, really matters.

He looked nervous, not for the first time in an England shirt. That missed header was all about tension.

Ultimately, fuck it. It's just England. :D

Aye, can’t wait till Newcastle win a throw in.

Hopefully Kane Alli Trippier Vertonghen Alderweireld etc are knackered for our first game

We will never get such a good chance to win it :(

Your team is really young. If you can keep these players together and they don't get fucked over by their clubs, I'd think you'd be pre-tournament favourites for the next EC and WC. Not to mention the group of youngsters coming through. Time will tell though, no guarantee this group of lads will remain intact and not have their careers nosedive due to their clubs being shithouses when it comes to caring for players actually getting to play - and these players being paid too much to care if they get benched for some Johnny Foreign.

No way. This was the chance. This generation is nowhere near as good as previous ones and had the best possible route to get themselves to a World Cup final. With that said, this World Cup has shown anything can happen in a one-month tournament.

I'm not disputing that, but England had the second lowest average age in their squad at this WC. It's natural to assume that in two years, this group will be much better, same goes for in the next four years. They weren't anywhere near favourites this time due to the reason you mentioned, but the same reason is also why they could be for the next few tournaments.

Heroes, ffs.

They played ok against two decent sides and managed to break down a toothless Sweden team.

Agreed. Easiest World Cup draw they'll ever have, utterly squandered, and they talk about them as though they've been sparkling.

Absolute open path to the final and to lose like that!

To think that this time the likes of Germany, Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Portugal went home early and Italy and the Netherlands never even made it here, this is a sickening missed opportunity to even play in a final.

We were leading 22 minutes away. It opened up so nice it agin we let they slip.

Guest firetotheworks

The way you're slagging off your team after a loss makes me recall why I usually root against England. You don't deserve success.

What you on about? [emoji38]

Croatia were supposed to get tired, though. [emoji38]

They aren’t real man. Absolute machines.

[emoji38] Modric wasn't even tired when he walked off.

Won’t be surprised if they fail a doping test although FIFA being FIFA will dodge their way out of drugs tests as usual.