England

Yorkie

Taking Sterling off was the biggest mistake like. Ran them ragged in the first half and we offered fuck all going forward once he went off.

Yes Kane wasn’t at his best, but the service he got second half was non existent.

We looked shagged soon as the second half kicked off.

Brilliant effort all tournament but I fear I'll die in 50 years or so and that'll be out best shot of a final in my lifetime. Croatia didn't win that, we lost it.

We looked shagged soon as the second half kicked off.

Brilliant effort all tournament but I fear I'll die in 50 years or so and that'll be out best shot of a final in my lifetime. Croatia didn't win that, we lost it.

:lol: ok!

Just realised that with Croatia going to the final, the continuation of there being an Inter Milan player in the final has carried on.

He’s insane like. Pirlo sans hype.

The team is young, they will peak, they will have momentum. But they might never have a so open route to the final in another World Cup or a Euro again. They might never have another shot where the likes of Germany, Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Netherlands are nowhere near the last 4. 

People keep saying this and whilst there's an element of truth to it, those teams weren't good enough to get this far. Two weren't even good enough to make the finals. That's not our fault, and it's not luck either. The teams you mention are/were littered with some of the greatest players of the modern era and they're in need of a revolution. They need young players, fresh blood to replace those older players that have been amazing for their countries over the last decade.

We're already at that point.

I don't get this, which young players are you talking about. Not Stones I hope who switched off for their winner, not Alli or Lingard who were abysmal, certainly not Rashford who did absolutely nothing. We possibly have one really good player and Kane was crap the last couple of games.

Guest firetotheworks

Will I get shot down for saying Kane’s been a let down? Think he’s been poor when it mattered most, barely saw him after the deflected goal against Panama.

Kane's record in big games ain't really that good

This season just gone he scored against Dortmund, Liverpool, Arsenal, Juventus. Only 24 as well.

Alli and Lingard weren't the problem. They were doing a ton of defensive work throughout the tournament, and especially today, closing down in midfield and then getting out to try to close down the fullbacks too. They both played very well, imo. We needed to change the system today, after half time two up top wasn't working and we were getting overrun in midfield. LC for Sterling instead of Rashford would have been better, with Kane up top on his own, or Vardy, though there was no way Kane was going to come off. The 352 has worked really well, but we need a plan B for when it doesn't, like tonight. Croatia exploited the weaknesses of it really well tonight, with those driven cross-field balls to their fullbacks overstretching England's midfield and forcing the wingbacks to drop back in to a back 5.

Guest firetotheworks

Rebic basically had free reign to kick anyone he wanted, shit reffing performance. Lovren too. These aren't anything special, Modric is great the rest are shite, subaisc should retire after that free kick.

Vrsaljko too. Horrible little rat.

Felt like we sat back far too much after the break. They still looked clueless for the first 10 minutes of that half but we just kept on egging them on and got deeper and deeper.

I thought we lost that game in midfield as it wore on. Alli & Lingard were absolutely dead, Loftus-Cheek would've been a good replacement for one of them, added energy and guile and would've further tired their mids out. I think Henderson had a knock? Absolutely no way he needed to go off, he just needed better support from those in front of him. I felt Sterling would've got back into the game much more if we'd have sorted the midfield balance out earlier too.

A good run but this is a massive case of 'what if', for me. We should've won today.

Beaten by a more experienced, composed, astute an technically superior team. 

A better, more composed team is 2, 3 up by half time. 

I genuinely think this England side with its pace and movement can overwhelm some very good teams for 30-45 minutes.

But when the game settles down we lack ability. Touch, passing, ball control under pressure. 

We are still a long way from being perennial contenders. 

The team is young, they will peak, they will have momentum. But they might never have a so open route to the final in another World Cup or a Euro again. They might never have another shot where the likes of Germany, Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Netherlands are nowhere near the last 4. 

People keep saying this and whilst there's an element of truth to it, those teams weren't good enough to get this far. Two weren't even good enough to make the finals. That's not our fault, and it's not luck either. The teams you mention are/were littered with some of the greatest players of the modern era and they're in need of a revolution. They need young players, fresh blood to replace those older players that have been amazing for their countries over the last decade.

We're already at that point.

I don't get this, which young players are you talking about. Not Stones I hope who switched off for their winner, not Alli or Lingard who were abysmal, certainly not Rashford who did absolutely nothing. We possibly have one really good player and Kane was crap the last couple of games.

We had one of the youngest, least experienced squads in the tournament.

Can't even be arsed arguing with you if all you're going to do is declare them all shit. :thup:

Fair play for the "Sterling should be dropped for Rahsford!!!" mongs, he was absolute dog toffee, and we fucked it when sterling went off

[emoji38] That moment where he casually gave the ball away, man.

Beaten by a more experienced, composed, astute an technically superior team. 

A better, more composed team is 2, 3 up by half time. 

I genuinely think this England side with its pace and movement can overwhelm some very good teams for 30-45 minutes.

But when the game settles down we lack ability. Touch, passing, ball control under pressure. 

We are still a long way from being perennial contenders. 

Agree with this :thup:

Will I get shot down for saying Kane’s been a let down? Think he’s been poor when it mattered most, barely saw him after the deflected goal against Panama.

He was great against Columbia in a weird role (he never really played as a number 9 for most of the tournament). Been utter shite as a goalscorer though and still somehow scored 6 :lol:

Aye.

Rebic basically had free reign to kick anyone he wanted, shit reffing performance. Lovren too. These aren't anything special, Modric is great the rest are shite, subaisc should retire after that free kick.

Come on man. They were a better side after 45minutes and that's why they won the game. They could easily have had a penalty as well when Maguire/Stones held Lovren before halftime. Referee was fine during the match.

Alli to me seems like one of those players who for some reason will just never replicate their club for their country, maybe I'm harsher on Alli as he would generally be considered the better player of the two but I much prefer Lingard like.

RLC should have been on for Alli, don't think Alli's played well in the tournament at all.

Fair play for the "Sterling should be dropped for Rahsford!!!" mongs, he was absolute dog toffee, and we fucked it when sterling went off

We were fucked before Sterling went off like :lol:

Croatia's defending was lifiting in the first half. Sterling never got a sniff in the 2nd. Rashford was utter garbage like.

Kane's record in big games ain't really that good

This season just gone he scored against Dortmund, Liverpool, Arsenal, Juventus. Only 24 as well.

Dortmund aren't very good. Juve was a penalty, no? Or did he get two? That's two out of the top 6 like, nowt special

[emoji38] That moment where he casually gave the ball away, man.

[emoji38] he literally came on and gave the ball away

He's got talent but he absolutely always looks terrified.