England

Yorkie

Modric was head and shoulders above any of our players like. Virtually flawless, an absolutely top class footballer.

Think I remember him giving the ball away once, and straight away he got back and tackled it out for a throw-in.

Guest firetotheworks

Just realised that with Croatia going to the final, the continuation of there being an Inter Milan player in the final has carried on.

The team is young, they will peak, they will have momentum. But they might never have a so open route to the final in another World Cup or a Euro again. They might never have another shot where the likes of Germany, Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Netherlands are nowhere near the last 4. 

Modric was head and shoulders above any of our players like. Virtually flawless, an absolutely top class footballer.

Think I remember him giving the ball away once, and straight away he got back and tackled it out for a throw-in.

Genuine world class player. Imagine if he’d come to us.

He was and Croatia as a team started working as soon as he woke up in the second half. Nonetheless, Perisic was MOTM imo.

Ballon D'Or if they beat France

Guest firetotheworks

He's head and shoulders above every midfielder out there tbf to us. He didn't even play that well in terms of how often he got on the ball as well, he's usually much more dominant.

Guest chopey

Cockeyed Wise said he was no good

Was Tony Jimenez that fucked that one up.

Guest firetotheworks

Nah it was Jiminez.

The team is young, they will peak, they will have momentum. But they might never have a so open route to the final in another World Cup or a Euro again. They might never have another shot where the likes of Germany, Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Netherlands are nowhere near the last 4. 

People keep saying this and whilst there's an element of truth to it, those teams weren't good enough to get this far. Two weren't even good enough to make the finals. That's not our fault, and it's not luck either. The teams you mention are/were littered with some of the greatest players of the modern era and they're in need of a revolution. They need young players, fresh blood to replace those older players that have been amazing for their countries over the last decade.

We're already at that point.

Guest firetotheworks

Just realised that with Croatia going to the final, the continuation of there being an Inter Milan player in the final has carried on.

Or you saw it on twitter.

Nah. Heard it on TFS about a week ago.

Ballon D'Or if they beat France

Should win it anyway. Cronaldo did nothing in the CL semis or final

Or you saw it on twitter.

Nah. Heard it on TFS about a week ago.

Ah right. I just saw it on twitter, nice stat that.

Guest firetotheworks

Will I get shot down for saying Kane’s been a let down? Think he’s been poor when it mattered most, barely saw him after the deflected goal against Panama.

You will, because it's nonsense like. This was his only poor performance, but it was pretty essential that he had a good one tonight.

Will I get shot down for saying Kane’s been a let down? Think he’s been poor when it mattered most, barely saw him after the deflected goal against Panama.

Should have done much better tonight, certainly. Missed three golden chances.

Kane's record in big games ain't really that good

He was great against Columbia in a weird role (he never really played as a number 9 for most of the tournament). Been utter shite as a goalscorer though and still somehow scored 6 :lol: