England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Kane managed one in five the other day, if no one else can do that we're a mess.

Kanes more dangerous in the box than Rooney anyway, so switch them for starters. As said, lallana cant do em? Alli? Barkley can, Henderson can.

There is literally no logical way it makes sense to take your singular bloody striker out of the box for an attacking set piece. Kane has scored from more corners over the last seasons than Smalling and Dier put together id imagine. Hodgson is being a moron im afraid.

If Kane was a brilliant corner taker fair enough but he's not.

Not even then would it be fair enough. Would have to have literally no one else being able to them or a team filled with Andy Carrolls

"don't get the same level of delivery" ???

They're International footballers ffs  :lol:

I hate the idea of trying to pick out a specific man at corners as it never works (see Williamson,Mike),and even if it does after one corner the opposition gets wise to it and your set penis plan is hanging out of the window.

Just get it in the area and attack it ffs.

Nothing he said goes against that.

I find it weird but who else would take them? Rooney? Dier? Highlights a lack of quality in that squad. Like someone mentioned he's no Beckham at that anyway.

Against what? Picking out a specific man?

It seemed to me that the plan was for kane to direct the corner at the far post for the knockdown in the box. Nearly every corner I can remember went too long and went out or nearly went out for a throw in. There wasn't even any variation with short corners. Will be interested to see what the routine is against Wales.

Dier could probably take a good corner based on his freekick the other night, but then again he scored the winner against Germany from a header from a corner. I'm sure Alli can take a corner

People are probably either out or wanting to watch it without any other distractions.

I'm normally the same when Newcastle are playing. I'd maybe post on here during half time.

Yeah I'm at work, trying to engineer an escape route.  Reckon I'll have to settle for watching it at my desk.

Also at work. I tested my setup this morning, which is my phone balanced on my tape dispenser with the iplayer on. :lol: Seems to work.

Ridiculous amount of work to get through though. :anguish: I'm off until the 27th after today as well so desperately trying to clear my backlog.

Bloke at work told us it was "sad" to take a half day to watch the match. Meanwhile he's going to the pub for the first half then back to work.

:lol:

I booked off every day we're playing. The games are shown in work but it isn't the same.

Bloke at work told us it was "sad" to take a half day to watch the match. Meanwhile he's going to the pub for the first half then back to work.

I'm also doing that (pub for the first half and back to work after) and I can confirm that I am indeed sad, very sad.

:lol:

I booked off every day we're playing. The games are shown in work but it isn't the same.

All of our games are at pretty decent times tbf

How is that better than taking a half day? :lol: