England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

When was the last good England game? I seem to watch them all and they all make me hate everything.

The 3-2 against Scotland where Lambert scored a couple is the last one I can remember as being entertaining. There may have been another since, but I can't remember it.

The Slovenia one was alright.

Milner and Shelvey in centre midfield is just tragic, we're playing at walking pace.

Would take Milner off, drop Barkley into CM and get Walcott on to play up top with Rooney, needs to be some sort of change.

When was the last good England game? I seem to watch them all and they all make me hate everything.

The 3-2 against Scotland where Lambert scored a couple is the last one I can remember as being entertaining. There may have been another since, but I can't remember it.

The Slovenia one was alright.

That's because Scotland were playing though.

Thing is whenever I watch England - even though I'm only really half-watching - I never have a clue what Hodgson is really going for. I don't hate Hodgson or anything; in fact, I don't have any real opinion of him. He's a solid coach and was probably the best choice for an English manager when he got the job. But I've just no idea what the intention actually is, I don't know what the identity of the side is. We just seem to be constantly muddling through, even when we're winning the qualifying games.

International football really is crap and boring

England will beat crap teams like San Marino, Malta, Moldova and will struggle against average teams like Switzerland, Turkey, Austria but would get hammered by anyone decent.

The difference between the three groups (crap, average and decent) is just too far imo.

Plus England's qualification group is a bit like Chelsea being in a qualifying group with West Brom, Chesterfield, Dagenham and Hyde.

Need to bring Pards in for some exciting football sharpish.

(Imagine if that ended up being the justification [emoji38])

If Pardew was to get the job at some point I have absolutely no doubt that would be cited as one of the reasons. A move away from [whatever Hodgson's flavour of football is] to something more attack-minded and exciting.

And, tbf to Pards - he did only lose 38 games in two seasons, conceding 128 with a goal difference of -40.

Mad cavalier cunt wouldn't stop going for it.

He is a good coach and I wish him luck for the future.