England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

SSN: Derby have requested Nigel Pearson does not take charge of tonight's match.

Could he be one of the managers?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Think its more to do with the fact that Derby are doing shit and he blamed the players after saturday.

Bruce lined up to replace him apparently.

SSN: Derby have requested Nigel Pearson does not take charge of tonight's match.

Think its more to do with the fact that Derby are doing s*** and he blamed the players after saturday.

All major news people reporting that he's been suspended, you wouldn't just be suspended because you're shit.

Something has gone on there.

Think its more to do with the fact that Derby are doing s*** and he blamed the players after saturday.

All major news people reporting that he's been suspended, you wouldn't just be suspended because you're shit.

More likely to have chinned someone than taken bribes IMO.

All major news people reporting that he's been suspended, you wouldn't just be suspended because you're s***.

He made some degrading and controversial comments about the players after the match on saturday and has since argued with the chairman according to some reports that i've seen. 

Time will tell but I wouldn't be shocked either way.

I hope we all realise that Newcastle will be one of the clubs included in this fiasco.

The deals of Saviet, Ferreyra, Gonzalez, Doumbia all as bent as ever.

The assistant manager of a high-profile football club accepted a £5,000 cash “bung”

Ten managers were named by players’ agents as taking bribes to fix player transfers

Two well-known managers discussed becoming ambassadors for the same fictitious firm as Sam Allardyce

Another high-profile manager admitted his players broke FA rules by betting on their own games but he failed to report it

A senior figure at a Premier League club helped undercover reporters to formulate a plan to bribe managers

None of those apply to us - managers didn't have anything to do with those deals.

I hope we all realise that Newcastle will be one of the clubs included in this fiasco.

The deals of Saviet, Ferreyra, Gonzalez, Doumbia all as bent as ever.

The assistant manager of a high-profile football club accepted a £5,000 cash “bung”

Ten managers were named by players’ agents as taking bribes to fix player transfers

Two well-known managers discussed becoming ambassadors for the same fictitious firm as Sam Allardyce

Another high-profile manager admitted his players broke FA rules by betting on their own games but he failed to report it

A senior figure at a Premier League club helped undercover reporters to formulate a plan to bribe managers

None of those apply to us - managers didn't have anything to do with those deals.

Why couldn't any of them relate to us? All of them could relate to us.

The second one, especially. Whilst this investigation has been going on for 10 months, the second one could easily refer to historic transfers by Pardew/Carr/Ashley at NUFC.

Would fit with Telegraph giving those they have stung and their employers 12 hours notice for right to reply.

Especially if they had needed a way to sack without payoff.

Bruce would be mad to join Derby straight away if the England job is going to be available and he'd probably be one of the favourites

Too many English managers will be tainted by this scandal for FA to back another PFM especially when the British ones are pretty ropey. That rules out Bruce and co. The next England manager will either be Southgate (untainted) or a complete shock.

Fucking Steve Bruce, man. McClaren, Hodgson, Allardyce and Bruce/Southgate 4 of our last 5 managers. Imagine that?

And people would still try to assign blame to the 'bottle of the players' and other such tripe.

Highest paid job in world football. :lol:

Unless Bruce is found guilty he won't be ruled out

It is a pattern of England recruitment in recent years, plus many other managerial appointments not to turn towards something similar. Bruce as an old guard PFM is too similar. There is risk too of further stings and controversies down the line. So even if Bruce is innocent the FA will go with someone whose CV doesn't look like they have any dirty laundry behind the sofa waiting to be found by the press.