England

Yorkie

Regardless of your opinion of Allardyce (I don't like him), it's typical of our media to create a scandal. Thought they'd give him more than 1 game before setting him up though

Venables, Hoddle, Sven

Didn't it say this has been on going for about a year?

Give me an investigative media exposing corruption rather than a placid one in cahoots with the money men like normal.

His very first thought upon getting the England job was how he could profit financially before his first game, it says everything about the character (or lack thereof) from the guy. If the true extent of his murky dealings was ever

uncovered he'd end up doing porridge.

You get the feeling Allardyce is pretty well connected in the FA to get the job in the first place. I doubt his friends would be too keen to investigate further. It would be all dismissed as pub talk, as Fat Sam said about the Panorama footage the last time.

What kind of a fiend drinks wine in pints though?

I reckon he'll survive it. Not that I think he should mind, I just don't think the FA has the stones to get rid.

Tbf having read up on it a bit more this morning it doesn't seem like they have evidence of him doing that much wrong. Disappointing. He's clearly bent as fuck.

From the "Sam Allardyce appointed as England Manager" thread. It was stating the obvious, so I'm not claiming foresight.

What a joke.

If there is one thing nearly as big as his head, it's his mouth, so it's only a matter of time before he comes up with some Allardici level comments. You can't even justify his appointment on the grounds of "safe for PR", admittedly important for the national side(*).

(*) See Glenn Hoddle.

I didn't know the "Succulent Chinese Meal" meme, so thanks lads. Absolutely creasing myself here.

Same.  I have just watched the video of that  :lol:

Wow. Deserve all they fucking get for hiring managers of that standard. Should have been Ancelotti's job the second Madrid pulled the trigger.

Give me an investigative media exposing corruption rather than a placid one in cahoots with the money men like normal.

And this, 100%.