England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

:lol: what's the fucking point of even having a national side, man.

There needs to be a mandatory retirement age of 50 across the board like. From politicians to binmen to the PM. If you're above 50 you're just completely banned from making any kind of working decision no matter how big or small.

:lol: what's the f***ing point of even having a national side, man.

There needs to be a mandatory retirement age of 50 across the board like. From politicians to binmen to the PM. If you're above 50 you're just completely banned from making any kind of working decision no matter how big or small.

Rafa is 56 like.

The FA, England team and the English players will all get what they deserve. How the f*** the national teams continues to go backwards as the PL continues to get richer and bigger is beyond me. There are some really thick f***ers running this gig :anguish:

Because we don't produce world class players.

Rafa is 56 like.

We'd have to take one for the team.

I think it's an uninspiring appointment and I doubt he'll be a success but I wish him well.

I don't know where the England set-up is supposed to turn nowadays when it comes to appointing managers. They've appointed two foreign coaches who came with real pedigree, but both failed to varying degrees. Capello's 'tournament' England were absolutely hopeless but then Sven had a much, much better crop of players - so it's difficult to say who failed 'the worst'.

I thought Hodgson had an outside chance of being the man who could take England as far as a semi. I thought he had some good ideas, but ultimately his squad selection cost him dearly and two deplorable exits ensured that there was no other outcome than him leaving.

Allardyce was always going to be a horrible appointment and tbh I'd rather have had Southgate at the time.

At least Southgate is a little bit of an unknown quantity and knows the players - many upcoming ones, too. If we're not going to appoint a foreign manager, there's fuck all to choose from basically so I can't complain too much with this choice.

The FA, England team and the English players will all get what they deserve. How the f*** the national teams continues to go backwards as the PL continues to get richer and bigger is beyond me. There are some really thick f***ers running this gig :anguish:

Because we don't produce world class players.

We don't invest enough to foster them at grass roots either though.

As long as I get my pension I don't mind this. :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Mind who would the FA go for, who would take the job, who is good enough? This is an average England squad although it does contain some exciting players, but they are nowhere near the required level.

Mind who would the FA go for, who would take the job, who is good enough? This is an average England squad although it does contain some exciting players, but they are nowhere near the required level.

It looks like Arsenal aren't renewing Wenger's contract and I think he might have fancied it!

Guest Howaythetoon

I'd rather have him as the overlord of English footy if you like rather than the manager or coach, I think England need a manager and not a coach.

On the assumption that we're not going to win a major trophy soon, I don't mind Southgate as manager. He's not a cunt, slimeball or a comedy figure, which puts him ahead of the majority of people we've had. I'd like him to show a bit more creativity in picking people like Deeney who never get a look in.

On the assumption that we're not going to win a major trophy soon, I don't mind Southgate as manager. He's not a cunt, slimeball or a comedy figure, which puts him ahead of the majority of people we've had. I'd like him to show a bit more creativity in picking people like Deeney who never get a look in.

No it doesn't. It puts him ahead of McClueless, Taylor and, arguably, Allardyce. He's still way behind most of the England managers we've had in the last 30 years.

Well I didn't have a specific 30 year timeline in mind TBH. I'm not claiming he's a better manager than Capello for example, but in a lot of ways he's a safer pair of hands. I'd certainly rather have him than Allardyce.

I will only remember Venables with any positivity really, unless you go back as far as Bobby. In recent times pretty much every manager has had some sort of personal or professional issue that made them a figure of fun.

These are low expectations I admit.

look at Logan's Run over here.

look at Logan's Run over here.

Hans, I'm happy to retire at 50 if you'll fund it. It's a start.

• 3 weeks later...

Just realised that Southgate is the new England manager ........................the most uninspiring managerial appointment in my 30 odd years of watching football, is England even a thing now ?

Kind of catching up with this as well, seemed to have passed with no fanfare at all.

I mean personally I'd have considered spending some of the billions of pounds washing around the game to go out and tempt a proven winner and one of the best in the game at the moment, but I suppose appointing a man who has literally achieved nothing in his managerial career is another way you could go.