England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Southgates squad call ups have been pretty much spot on

Southgate said: "We've a lot of players playing exceptionally well in the area of the pitch that Wayne plays."

"I said last time [in March] that he was a bit short of matches - he's had some matches now but we've got players that have done really, really well for us in Adam Lallana and Dele Alli,"

"We've got Marcus Rashford, Harry Kane coming back and Jermain Defoe who did really well for us last time, while Jamie Vardy's been in excellent form in the second half of the season.

"I can't dress it up any other way. Other players are in really good form and deserve to keep their place."

Southgate, soon after announcing his squad, was quick to note that Rashford’s performances of late have merited an inclusion.

“He’s in the senior squad on merit, and has been for a year,” he said.

“He had one game with the Under-21s when I was there in September and he was outstanding that day, but he’s not really been a part of the Under-21 squad.

“His performances warrant him being in the senior squad.

“The question then is: could he have gone with the Under-21s after that? In my opinion, no. He’s a 19-year-old player who’s had an exceptional season and by then will have had virtually 60 matches by that point.

“Somebody has to protect him. Somebody has to manage the development of a young player, and that has to be my call.”

“In my view, Marcus’s situation is different. He’s played fewer games in this Under-21 campaign than Eric Dier and Dele Alli – we’re not sending those guys, and we won’t be sending Marcus.

“He then went back to Manchester United and was in their team right the way through to the end of the season, playing in big high-pressure matches. His mentality has been excellent and his performances have been very, very good. It would be inconceivable not to put him in the senior squad.”

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom-new/images/england/mens-senior/2016-17/royal-marines-1-800-050617.ashx?cw=1048&ch=590&resizemode=crop&jq=50&hash=866B7DA66A523B2BCA0A7FB9E77067688A1E14FB

Give England players soliders' uniforms.

U20's into the semi of the world cup, that's pretty impressive, Freddie seems to be having a great tournament by the sounds of it. Not so much for Arma but he started the 1/4 final too.

Scotland team to face England: Gordon, Tierney, Berra, Mulgrew, Robertson, Brown, Morrison, Anya, Armstrong, Snodgrass, Griffiths.

Subs: Hamilton, Marshall, R. Martin, Reynolds, Bannan, D. Fletcher, McArthur, Cairney, Fraser, Forrest, C. Martin, Naismith.

England team to face Scotland: Hart, Walker, Smalling, Cahill, Bertrand, Dier, Livermore, Lallana, Alli, Rashford, Kane.

Subs: Forster, Trippier, Lingard, Gibson, Stones, Jones, Defoe, Sterling, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cresswell, Heaton, Butland

Just the three goalkeepers on the bench for England

Guest chopey

Why are sky broadcasting the first half and itv are broadcasting the second half ?.....at the same time ?

Guest neesy111

Why are sky broadcasting the first half and itv are broadcasting the second half ?.....at the same time ?

Sky own scotland rights, ITV own england rights so both can show the game.