England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

He probably wouldn't have got to the ball, aye but he still got fouled. If someone passes a ball to the opposing team and then an opponent comes in with a late tackle its still a foul. People go on about it being a contact sport but basically anything that involves your legs impeding the other player's legs without getting the ball is a foul and rightly so

It wasn’t a challenge for the ball and didn’t impede the Italy player in any way. He accidentally stood on his foot, with the ball pretty much already out of play. The fact that the Italy players were more interested in appealing for a corner says it all.

How many times a game does a goalkeeper accidentally collide with a player when getting the ball from a corner? Is that a foul too? By your definition it is.

Contact is inevitable in the game and it’s already sanitised enough.

He still fouled him. If the bloke plays a bad pass and then someone comes in and steps on his toes accidentally late it's still a foul. The Italian players were probably looking at the ball and didn't see it.

The keeper argument is irrelevant. I never said all contact is a foul. Contact between legs or feet which stops a player continuing their run or makes them fall over is a foul

He probably wouldn't have got to the ball, aye but he still got fouled. If someone passes a ball to the opposing team and then an opponent comes in with a late tackle its still a foul. People go on about it being a contact sport but basically anything that involves your legs impeding the other player's legs without getting the ball is a foul and rightly so

It wasn’t a challenge for the ball and didn’t impede the Italy player in any way. He accidentally stood on his foot, with the ball pretty much already out of play. The fact that the Italy players were more interested in appealing for a corner says it all.

How many times a game does a goalkeeper accidentally collide with a player when getting the ball from a corner? Is that a foul too? By your definition it is.

He still fouled him. If the bloke plays a bad pass and then someone comes in and steps on his toes accidentally late it's still a foul. The Italian players were probably looking at the ball and didn't see it.

The keeper argument is irrelevant. I never said all contact is a foul. Contact between legs or feet which stops a player continuing their run or makes them fall over is a foul

Well when a keeper goes for the ball he often makes contact between legs and/or feet causing players to fall over - so it must be a foul then.

It was absolutely never a foul last night, an accidental collision that caused no disruption to Italy’s attacking play.

Well when a keeper goes for the ball he often makes contact between legs and/or feet causing players to fall over - so it must be a foul then.

It was absolutely never a foul last night, an accidental collision that caused no disruption to Italy’s attacking play.

No, a keeper doesn't use his legs to take down another player's legs. It doesn't happen.

It was a foul, he stood on his foot preventing him from running forward, it's a foul anywhere on the pitch

No, a keeper doesn't use his legs to take down another player's legs. It doesn't happen.

It was a foul, he stood on his foot preventing him from running forward, it's a foul anywhere on the pitch

My first reaction on seeing it was it was a foul. Can't stand on someons foot in the box when they are running with the ball, whether it's an accident or not is irrelevant.

what if he's not running with the ball cos he's already punted it away

Why talk about that when it's not what happened

seemed that way to me.

also, do we var encroachment in the box on pens?

vnDGQy5.png

Problem with the Italy penalty yesterday is that he's already going down before there's accidental contact.

Aye well he's been pushed or shouldered fairly by Tarkowski beforehand so was a bit off balance, then he gets stood on, then he dives theatrically

Guest firetotheworks

Talking of encroachment

Uh oh.

into the area

Oh fucking hell, no.

for penalties

Phew.

seemed that way to me.

vnDGQy5.png

urrghh, yeah that's shit with people going in box early. That and the shoving that goes on with corners will always be rarely picked up on.

Anyway, ball wasn't punted away when it happened.

Screenshot_20180328_172027_You_Tube.jpg

Talking of encroachment into the area for penalties, it's nearly a year since Ritchie's was wrongly ruled out.

Is it the same referee in Figures' Wolves photo who disallowed our penalty?

seemed that way to me.

vnDGQy5.png

urrghh, yeah that's shit with people going in box early. That and the shoving that goes on with corners will always be rarely picked up on.

Anyway, ball wasn't punted away when it happened.

Screenshot_20180328_172027_You_Tube.jpg

I mean, the ball was punted away, but that's the most supporting angle for your argument. There is a prior angle that shows the ball a couple of feet in-front of him and travelling at some pace.

Not really an argument worth having tbh. As far as I'm concerned the ball wasn't playable at this point and it comes under the "coming together" remit. People get stood on all the time. It didn't stop him doing anything of note as he was never getting another touch on the ball.

I would also argue, that VAR was supposed to be for clear/obvious/mega-blatant decisions. I find it hard to classify this under one of those categories.

On another note, i’d Love Jamie Vardy playing for Newcastle.

Double figure a season Premier League striker and England international? Aye, wouldn't be bad, like.

I just mean compared to players at a similar level. Not saying he’s better than Kane but i’d rather have Vardy than Kane for some reason.

:lol: Well that's just mental.

Oh, I get that, I just really love watching Vardy. Kane's better, but I don't enjoy watching him.

He is great to watch like, that's a good shout. And his face doesn't look like he's had a lobotomy.

On another note, i’d Love Jamie Vardy playing for Newcastle.

Double figure a season Premier League striker and England international? Aye, wouldn't be bad, like.

I just mean compared to players at a similar level. Not saying he’s better than Kane but i’d rather have Vardy than Kane for some reason.

:lol: Well that's just mental.

Oh, I get that, I just really love watching Vardy. Kane's better, but I don't enjoy watching him.

He is great to watch like, that's a good shout. And his face doesn't look like he's had a lobotomy.

Just a moderate amount of crystal meth.