England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Didnt want to try the Spurs & Leicester lads together then?

Walkers been better than Clyne aswell.

I've not seen enough of Clyne this season to judge, but although Walker has done pretty well he has some real limitations in skill that would make me wary of relying on him at an international level.

My main worry with that team is the lack of real class in midfield. I think we'll really struggle to keep the ball, although we have some potential to hit teams on the break, particularly out wide.

Other than Welbeck that's a reasonable team.

:laugh: People still saying this. Welbeck has proven his quality time and again.

I must have missed that season where he proved everyone wrong.

Welbeck has not let England down once. He's got pace, flair, holds the ball up well and can finish. I even liked him when Hodgson had him on the left, tbh, though I can see why that wasn't everyone's cup of tea. England always look better with him in the team, imo, we keep the ball in the final third for a lot longer.

Would love to see an England side that got the best out of a front line of Welbeck, Kane and Stirling. There's a bit of everything there. Time Rooney took a hike.

Would probably prefer Barkley to Lallana in that lineup, as well, even if he is frustrating.

England need to play someone that can receive the ball and play passes into the front four from central midfield. That Henderson and Dier combo is not good for that at all. Say what you want about Shelvey but he is probably the best option, otherwise Barkley is played in there.

England has a lot of ability and options in those front four positions. The issue is going to be getting them the ball consistently. Don't like the Dier and Henderson pairing in regards to that. Hodgson is going to screw things up this summer man. Team has so much potential. Would be a damned shame.

Don't think much of Hodgson tbh.

Out of interest why is he not pairing Kane and Vardy and testing that out? Sure Kane has shown he can play off the front man too in more of a centre forward/second striker role if he wants to keep more of a 4-2-3-1 shape. Both KAne and Vardy do a great job pressing and so defensively it should still be effective.

Seems to just be going for a really negative and defensive approach. Typical.

Guest neesy111

Not sure why Lallana is in. He's absolutely all fart no shite.

He's actually been good the last few months under Klopp.

Klopp seems to have gotten him to be more direct and actually contributing rather than looking good and doing fuck all on the edges. Not really enough to say for sure if he's good enough but I'm not sure we have that many alternatives of any quality either.

Not sure why Lallana is in. He's absolutely all fart no shite.

He's actually been good the last few months under Klopp.

About to post the same. Liverpool fans I speak to have said he's started to come good of late. I think he's worth a crack right now.

Out of interest why is he not pairing Kane and Vardy and testing that out? Sure Kane has shown he can play off the front man too in more of a centre forward/second striker role if he wants to keep more of a 4-2-3-1 shape. Both KAne and Vardy do a great job pressing and so defensively it should still be effective.

I like Welbeck, but Vardy and Kane should be leading the line until there's a reason not to play them together. Glad that we have quality back ups though.

Basically no point considering Rooney will stroll back into the side on the basis of nowt.