England

Yorkie

Guest neesy111

Southgate needs a convincing win otherwise those idiots in the press will be on his back after what's happened this week.

Guest Howaythetoon

I like Lineker, but I find his tweets on this as sanctimonious as the rest of the media’s reaction to the leaked team note thing.

Guest Howaythetoon

It’s as if the media need to create some drama among the England camp as there literally is none from Southgate and his squad.

Guest neesy111

It’s as if the media need to create some drama among the England camp as there literally is none from Southgate and his squad.

Aye, for the first time the media have got nothing on the manager or players so need to create something.

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye, for the first time the media have got nothing on the manager or players so need to create something.

It wouldn’t surprise me if that’s why they specifically went after Sterling before the tournament in the hope he would fuck up at the WC getting sent off or doing something daft so they could have something to attack.

They tried to do it with Gazza before Euro 96 and before 98 they were one minute writing how Beckham will be the main man and must start, but also saying does he have the maturity and is his celebrity lifestyle more important than England.

They of course hung him after the red card.

I’d ban the lot of them and deny them any access whatsoever, I’d put everything out through the FA and only do live interviews pre and post match for the cameras and then shut it all off again.

They really are nasty bastards who would rather drama and crisis than togetherness and success for the National team.

Guest Howaythetoon

The way Ferdinand is going on man, he was so overrated on the ball.

He was good at carrying the ball out, but never great at passing it out. Ledley King was much better with the ball at his feet as was Southgate.

Guest Howaythetoon

Really is a what if for England if Hoddle had stayed on as manager.

Aye, I think we were developing into a very good team under him, tactically especially and we had some top players in most positions.

Sven come in after KK of course and tried to change the culture of the players mentally, but still played 4-4-2 or a flat back four and in straight lines. That and square pegs in round holes.

Guest neesy111

Really is a what if for England if Hoddle had stayed on as manager.

Aye, I think we were developing into a very good team under him, tactically especially and we had some top players in most positions.

Sven come in after KK of course and tried to change the culture of the players mentally, but still played 4-4-2 or a flat back four and in straight lines. That and square pegs in round holes.

His treatment and handling of Paul Scholes really irkes me, the best midfield this country produced since Gazza and he gets shifted out to the left wing.

Guest Howaythetoon

Like Southgate more and more, hope it works out for him.

I liked how he said we will have the majority of possession which in these hot conditions will allow us to dictate the tempo etc. He said that not through arrogance, but belief as that’s how he wants us to play and has us playing.

4 years ago we never had the majority of possession even against so-called lesser teams.

I liked how he said we will have the majority of possession which in these hot conditions will allow us to dictate the tempo etc. He said that not through arrogance, but belief as that’s how he wants us to play and has us playing.

4 years ago we never had the majority of possession even against so-called lesser teams.

:thup:

Well that's a lie. You had the majority of possession in every game you played in the last Euros [emoji38]

Ah right sorry thought you said two years ago. You had more possession in two out of three games in the last World Cup

Not only that but considering how we have a bunch of players who want to press high, keeping the ball allows us to conserve energy so we don't get completely gassed in 40 minutes.