England

Yorkie

Such a great win for England yesterday I thought. To come through the adversity of spurning all those chances in the first half and then getting that penalty against them was a very significant thing.

I reckon it's the kind of win that really inspires a ton of confidence. Massive that both goals came from your lead striker in Harry Kane.

Thought it was perfect. A really challenging game that you won. Not too easy and not suffering a dissapointing showing or result either.

We were good. I thought Lingard, Trippier and Maguire impressed. We dug in against a cheating side and a dodgy ref.

Really like this England squad. I'd like to see Rose and Rashford come in for Panama, let them stake their claim for Belgium.

We were good. I thought Lingard, Trippier and Maguire impressed. We dug in against a cheating side and a dodgy ref.

Really like this England squad. I'd like to see Rose and Rashford come in for Panama, let them stake their claim for Belgium.

Def Rose and Rashford. Young and Sterling were poor.

Aye Maguire wasn't up to scratch like. Don't be fooled by his forward marauding, he gave the ball away far too much and looked slack defensively too. Would not fancy him against a decent side.

Players I was most impressed by were Trippier & Stones at the back as well as the movement from the likes of Lingard in the first half. Played some really nice football for a short spell.

Aye Maguire wasn't up to scratch like. Don't be fooled by his forward marauding, he gave the ball away far too much and looked slack defensively too. Would not fancy him against a decent side.

Players I was most impressed by were Trippier & Stones at the back as well as the movement from the likes of Lingard in the first half. Played some really nice football for a short spell.

Trippier was excellent. Lingard needs to put the ball in the back of the net though. Had a few decent chances.

Love how the expectations have been record low when it comes to England in this WC, and after beating Tunisia without their two star players with 2-1 in injury time it's all of a sudden "It's coming home". Maybe not so much on here, but English people on social media in general :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I know everyone's not serious.

Love how the expectations have been record low when it comes to England in this WC, and after beating Tunisia without their two star players with 2-1 in injury time it's all of a sudden "It's coming home". Maybe not so much on here, but English people on social media in general :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I know everyone's not serious.

There's not one thing on social media that I love more than the ''It's coming home'' thing. It's hilarious.

There's not one thing on social media that I love more than the ''It's coming home'' thing. It's hilarious.

Reminds me of the story about my old grandpa's dog and how it ran away when he was 4, it ain't coming back. Probably around 10 nations more likely to win the WC than England.

Guest neesy111

I did the It's Coming Home post as a joke, think a few do it like that.  I'm not a gammon england supporter.

I'm warming towards Southgate but the press need to pack in the "always meant for management" shite some are coming out with. He's won 1 game in injury time against a poor side. A bad result in any of our 2 remaining group games and the right wing tabloids will have him as a disgrace who should be done for treason.

Trippier was excellent. Lingard needs to put the ball in the back of the net though. Had a few decent chances.

Aye finishing is a slight concern outside of Kane like. A few out of Alli, Sterling, Lingard & Rashford - who can finish, could do with one against Panama just to get a feel for it going into the tougher games.

I'm warming towards Southgate but the press need to pack in the "always meant for management" shite some are coming out with. He's won 1 game in injury time against a poor side. A bad result in any of our 2 remaining group games and the right wing tabloids will have him as a disgrace who should be done for treason.

No wonder the pressure is always ridiculous with the England squad. You guys beat a decent side in Tunisia (not a poor side at all) and in the opener as well where the ref obviously didn't help missing a clear penalty. 3 points basically guarantees you into the knock-out stages and an important game against Belgium. Score an early goal against Panama (who are a really poor side) and you might actually go into the final groupstage match with the possibility of a draw being enough to win that group.

No wonder the pressure is always ridiculous with the England squad. You guys beat a decent side in Tunisia (not a poor side at all) and in the opener as well where the ref obviously didn't help missing a clear penalty. 3 points basically guarantees you into the knock-out stages and an important game against Belgium. Score an early goal against Panama (who are a really poor side) and you might actually go into the final groupstage match with the possibility of a draw being enough to win that group.

I'm probably wrong about Tunisia and the first half was excellent, but the second half was a bit pedestrian as it dragged on. The gist of my post was not a criticism of the team/manager but the press.

He completed 88.5% of 78 passes. There were one or two iffy passes first half but his distribution was fine man. Didn't see much wrong defensively either.

Guest neesy111

Maguire was really good at set pieces in the Tunisian box, but thought his defending was questionable at times.

Didn't Magure win literally every single header in the oppositions box or was I getting him and Stones confused? Seemed like everything was aimed at him and he caused absolute chaos.

Stones won it for the first goal, Maguire second.

I was really impressed with Trippier like. I've never really paid attention to him and thought him being RB with Walker RCB was weird but it makes a lot of sense.

It's hard to criticise Maguire and Stones too much after yesterday imo but I still think it's odd we don't have one 'solid' defensive CB in there. I suppose Cahill is the best fit we have in the squad like so I'm not too bothered about changing things for future games until there's a cock up.