England

Yorkie

This England team is actually pretty poor, isn't it? Beat Panama, beat Sweden...... the rest not so good. Can't score in open play, can't even clean sheet v Panama.

Going out on 2 defeats is such a wet blanket.

I still don't understand what Sterling is doing to justify starting every single game. Can't beat a man, can't shoot, can't pass, can't even find a team-mate from 3 yards.

The alternative is playing a headless chicken.

I don't see the difference tbh.

Vardy offers so much more in the role Sterling is being played in. He has the pace, the work rate, and can create opportunities as he's proven already. I'd even prefer Rashford starting as he's more positive-minded as well.

I still don't understand what Sterling is doing to justify starting every single game. Can't beat a man, can't shoot, can't pass, can't even find a team-mate from 3 yards.

You mean apart from the one he put on a plate for Kane?

Needle in a haystack, sure. What else has he done? He gives possession away more than anybody else in the team.

Guest firetotheworks

Needle in a haystack, sure. What else has he done? He gives possession away more than anybody else in the team.

How many assists does he have in this tournament? One?

How many shots did we have on target against Croatia?

How many times has he given away possession and sparked counter attacks for the opposition?

I never said he doesn't have impressive work-rate or movement because he does. He can use his pace to beat someone TO the ball. It's once he GETS the ball that we're in trouble. It's not pursuing an agenda or any of that nonsense. It's saying what we're all seeing on our TV for goodness sake. Is it part of our tactical set-up for him to lose the ball so much or miss golden chances?

Guest firetotheworks

How many times has he given away possession and sparked counter attacks for the opposition?

I never said he doesn't have impressive work-rate or movement because he does. He can use his pace to beat someone TO the ball. It's once he GETS the ball that we're in trouble. It's not pursuing an agenda or any of that nonsense. It's saying what we're all seeing on our TV for goodness sake. Is it part of our tactical set-up for him to lose the ball so much or miss golden chances?

Suggest an alternative then. He's clearly more effective than Rashford in that role.

Rashford is rubbish though. We just have a pretty average pool of players to choose from. Sterling is quality for Man City.

For Man City he is, but that's for Man City with a different set of players and tactics. Even for Man City he wastes countless chances.

Rashford may not have some of Sterling's strong points, but he's more positive-minded in that he likes to run at people, doesn't give the ball away so much and can actually beat a man, which in turn allows us to create more chances in front of goal.

Suggest an alternative then. He's clearly more effective than Rashford in that role.

I already said Jamie Vardy offers much more in that role. He's just as pacey as Sterling and works just as hard for the team. He chases down lost causes and even wins possession back for us at times as he's shown in this tournament.

Rashford is rubbish though. We just have a pretty average pool of players to choose from. Sterling is quality for Man City.

I mean Rashford isn't rubbish is he

Sorry, i’ll Rephrase. Rashford looks terrible in the same role, so perhaps it’s the system. Both look much better at club level.

We don’t move the ball quick enough or make enough runs for either player. This playing out from the back is fine if the midfield actually get involved.

For Man City he is, but that's for Man City with a different set of players and tactics. Even for Man City he wastes countless chances.

Rashford may not have some of Sterling's strong points, but he's more positive-minded in that he likes to run at people, doesn't give the ball away so much and can actually beat a man, which in turn allows us to create more chances in front of goal.

I already said Jamie Vardy offers much more in that role. He's just as pacey as Sterling and works just as hard for the team. He chases down lost causes and even wins possession back for us at times as he's shown in this tournament.

:thup: He's very unfashionable, sadly.