England

Yorkie

Sterling is class. The boos didn’t sound like much to me though, more like a very minor acknowledgement that Gomez was involved in an incident that meant Sterling wasn’t available.

I've no idea what extent te booing was. But Sterling's response is very similar to Southgate's decision to discipline him. Nip it in the bud.

This whole thing has been handled quite masterly, by all concerned.

Love Sterling :thup:

what's the one thing he could do that would send the wankers and gammon into an irretrievable fury?  whatever it is i want little more than him to do it

maybe singlehandedly win every euro 2020 game for us up to the final, then rescue us in the final when harry kane gets sent off so raheem has to win it all on his own

lifts the trophy cause kane can't or summit and thanks jeremy corbyn for being his inspiration and tells boris johnson to fuck off

something like that

Love Sterling :thup:

what's the one thing he could do that would send the wankers and gammon into an irretrievable fury?  whatever it is i want little more than him to do it

maybe singlehandedly win every euro 2020 game for us up to the final, then rescue us in the final when harry kane gets sent off so raheem has to win it all on his own

lifts the trophy cause kane can't or summit and thanks jeremy corbyn for being his inspiration and tells boris johnson to fuck off

something like that

I'd be delighted if he just told the Johnson to fuck off.

Guest Howaythetoon

Classy from Raheem.

Unlike those absolute tubes who booed.

The same morons who probably hated Sterling when the daily fail and scum et al championed him as the bad boy of Inglund before/during the WC last year. Grade A cretins! I mean booing in itself is fucking cringey as fuck to start with. Grown adults going BOOOOO man :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

England are such a joy to watch these days, sure defensively we are weak at times, but offensively we are so dangerous and as attack minded as any team I’ve seen and this is a great crop of talent who go out and play the right way, try to represent their country the right way, and generally give full value for money whenever the play, from Kane to a debutant.

As for dropping Sterling, I think it should stay in house, but good on Southgate for laying down the law and it’s great to see some maturity from everyone coming to the fore.

That’s what I like about the current set up, it’s not just about footy, there seems to be a moral social agenda that’s important to maintain, spread and keep in mind with how players conduct themselves, on and off the pitch.

Sterling the biggest and best example, I think he’s great as a player, as a role model and as a poster boy if you like for this ‘new’ England team/our society/the nation’s current day cultural landscape, they all are really, from the manager down to the under 21s and below that.

If only morons on the stand, in the media and in the governing bodies were as refreshing...

And in parliament!

Guest Howaythetoon

He’s done a great job rebranding England, hard to remember how toxic it used to be.

Yep, and it’s rolled over to the players and those below senior level. He’s done a great job which as daft as it may sound, maybe not even a trophy would truly reflect the many layers of just how good he’s been and the job he’s done and doing.

I do hope he wins something though because you feel if he doesn’t, he’ll end up being a victim of his own success and thrown under the bus by the media and fans and no doubt replaced by another Capello.

I watched the game in Wolverhampton, and the 3 pubs we went to were chocka and everyone was up for the match, we finally have an England team to be proud of, to have hope in and one we can all like, get behind, cheer and will on. The best I’ve seen in my years following, the most exciting and the most entertaining.the most humble and seemingly disciplined and together too.

Maybe my issues with NUFC have something to do with it the most, but I look forward to watching England play now, I want to watch them and I’m more immersed and passionate and just plain old into our national side and what’s happening, even at under 21 below levels.

That’s mostly down to Southgate. Top man and I for one don’t want it to stop and can’t wait for the Euros.

Looking back at the team, it's striking that virtually every outfield player had decent technique on the ball. That enabled them to build attacks and keep possession with pace and fluency.

I've long thought that the problem that England have had at international level isn't that we can't produce skilful players, but that skill isn't sufficiently spread throughout the side, defenders included. That's the advantage that the top continental teams have got. The chance to do that defence-splitting pass, or control a ball at pace doesn't always fall to your most technically gifted players, and so many good situations can get wasted because the ball ends up with someone who can only shift the ball backwards or who just loses it.

Whether Southgate will have the nerve to pick a midfield like Mount-Winks-Oxlade C in the finals of a major tournament is another matter. But what you gain if you pick both Henderson and Rice together can easily be outweighed by what you lose.