England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Guest firetotheworks

Walcott's been utterly shit this season. Don't think he can feel aggrieved

...as have Sterling, Rooney and Delph. Wilshire hasn't even played, Sturridge is always injured and Henderson has been away for a while too. People always say these things without noting the players who've actually been picked.

Sturridge on one leg is better than Walcott

Yeah, at being Daniel Sturridge, not at someone playing on the shoulder of the last defender. I don't even particularly rate Walcott in all honesty, but I think some of the players that have been picked ahead of him can count themselves very lucky considering the amount that they've played, their form, their injury record and/or their quality.

I made my favourite XI on the BBC Sport website. I was planning on posting it but I was so disgusted by the results that I just closed the window.

Everything apart from strikeforce sucks dick.

Guest firetotheworks

I think England will probably perform better with a team that doesn't look as good as paper with lowered expectations.

Going to take a monumental fuck up not to win the group either way, and even if you come 2nd chances are you're playing Portugal/Austria who are potentially beatable anyway.

Walcott's been utterly s*** this season. Don't think he can feel aggrieved

...as have Sterling, Rooney and Delph. Wilshire hasn't even played, Sturridge is always injured and Henderson has been away for a while too. People always say these things without noting the players who've actually been picked.

Sturridge on one leg is better than Walcott

Yeah, at being Daniel Sturridge, not at someone playing on the shoulder of the last defender. I don't even particularly rate Walcott in all honesty, but I think some of the players that have been picked ahead of him can count themselves very lucky considering the amount that they've played, their form, their injury record and/or their quality.

Walcott's been awful whenever i've seen him for the last few months.

I think England will probably perform better with a team that doesn't look as good as paper with lowered expectations.

This. For the previous decade or so, the squad has picked itself and they have been shit against anybody half decent in major tournaments.

I'd take Carroll as well tbh.

Problem with Carroll is that he needs service from wide areas in order to be effective. England don't play with orthodox wingers anymore and, even out of the current crop, Milner is the only one who stands out as someone who can cross the ball with any quality. Too unsuited to the current system IMO.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd take Carroll as well tbh.

Problem with Carroll is that he needs service from wide areas in order to be effective. England don't play with orthodox wingers anymore and, even out of the current crop, Milner is the only one who stands out as someone who can cross the ball with any quality. Too unsuited to the current system IMO.

Yeah, but he gives you an obvious plan B that he's very good at. Players who can do that are gold dust and anyone can whip a ball in from deep for him, Clyne and Rose are capable.

Milner being the player to take off when things need to get more offensive.

It's England, the football will be offensive enough.

http://i.imgur.com/63Y5F3r.gif

This is one of the stronger teams (rather than the usual mishmash of divas) I've seen England put together in quite some time. Think you'll do well. The Alli-Dier-Kane spine will be crucial for team cohesion.

This is one of the stronger teams (rather than the usual mishmash of divas) I've seen England put together in quite some time. Think you'll do well. The Alli-Dier-Kane spine will be crucial for team cohesion.

giphy.gif