England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Grealish has changed this game, we've looked much more a threat since he came on. Could have scored one or two in open play since that point.

Just now, Hovagod said:

Needs to be an intentional attempt to play the ball, no? 

No it doesn't. Not a fan of that rule either. Seem many examples where the defender slides to block the pass and it drops to the striker, and isn't classed as offside.

Just now, CPL said:

No it doesn't. Not a fan of that rule either. Seem many examples where the defender slides to block the pass and it drops to the striker, and isn't classed as offside.

But sliding to block the pass would be an intentional attempt to play the ball. I didn’t see what happened with this one but was guessing at the issue. Sorry.

1 minute ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Didn't realise the Italy game was at Molineux. Hope they keep the Gigi D'Agostino goal music :lol:

It’s a kiddy crowd n all as punishment for the Euro final chaos. 

On a complete side note, I still think these Nation League games should have been binned off, a lot of these players have been playing football non-stop since the restarted from COVID with next to no rest, and you could tell in that game just how shanked they all are. Next season is also going to be mental due to the World Cup straight in the middle of it. Seems like this would have been a great time for the players to rest and recoup. 

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

On a complete side note, I still think these Nation League games should have been binned off, a lot of these players have been playing football non-stop since the restarted from COVID with next to no rest, and you could tell in that game just how shanked they all are. Next season is also going to be mental due to the World Cup straight in the middle of it. Seems like this would have been a great time for the players to rest and recoup. 

Yep. Those players have only had the first lockdown and some of July 2021 off from any kind of football.

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

Too right. Fucking pointless shite it is. A tournament every 2 summers is more than enough. Don't need glorified friendlies at the end of a season. Fucking shite

12 minutes ago, 54 said:

It's an absolute pisstake and I can't believe there isn't more outcry about it, and I say that as an advocate of the NL. Ridiculous that they're still having to play at this intensity after the last two years. Two more games n'all isn't it? Stupid. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It's an absolute pisstake and I can't believe there isn't more outcry about it, and I say that as an advocate of the NL. Ridiculous that they're still having to play at this intensity after the last two years. Two more games n'all isn't it? Stupid. 

Mental schedule for players, like. I agree its ridiculous there arent more voices in public making a point of it. Theyve lost a month rest, they'll not long after that be back for pre season, and then PL until everyone's off to play in Qatar, then back to finish the PL. As long as we can feed those subscription services though, eh.