Patrik Carlgren wins Sweden the European Under-21 Championship 2015

joeyt

That was the future of English football I seen tonight?

You would just dismiss it as a poor performance if you hadn't seen England side after England side play in a similar manner at international tournaments.

Just looking up some of those Portuguese players. Many regularly play competitive, top flight football. European football too.

England we're so disappointing man. Love the talent in that squad, but as some of you have alluded to, these kids just don't get to play regularly at a more challenging level.

They're disgustingly priced as soon as they show any promise, so no one but the rotten clubs like Chelsea buy these kids and then just continue to ferry them off to championship clubs or crappy prem clubs at the best, because the more decent prem clubs don't want to be feeder clubs, and rightly so!

Until their prices drop I just can't see how things will ever change.

England we're so disappointing man. Love the talent in that squad, but as some of you have alluded to, these kids just don't get to play regularly at a more challenging level.

They're disgustingly priced as soon as they show any promise, so no one but the rotten clubs like Chelsea buy these kids and then just continue to ferry them off to championship clubs or crappy prem clubs at the best, because the more decent prem clubs don't want to be feeder clubs, and rightly so!

The price isn't the problem. It's that PL clubs don't want to take a risk on these players. Rather bring in an established name, usually foreign. They just don't get the game time. It's taken literally Superman performances for Kane to get into the Spurs first team. JWP is a regular for S'hampton. Apart from Ings & Jenkinson (who looked good when he came on), the rest of the squad would struggle to accumulate 100 PL appearances.

Look at us, rather spend £10m on Dost than Bamford.

We have a risk averse managerial culture here in England. Few managers would do a Wenger and give the likes of Chambers so many games.

The price isn't the problem. It's that PL clubs don't want to take a risk on these players. Rather bring in an established name, usually foreign. They just don't get the game time. It's taken literally Superman performances for Kane to get into the Spurs first team. JWP is a regular for S'hampton. Apart from Ings & Jenkinson (who looked good when he came on), the rest of the squad would struggle to accumulate 100 PL appearances.

We have a risk averse managerial culture here in England. Few managers would do a Wenger and give the likes of Chambers so many games.

Yes but £10 million for Dost gets you someone that scored bucket loads in Herenveen's first team for years, and then is coming off a great season at  atop German club.

As opposed to a youngster who has never played outside the championship, and in fact has only had one good season in said Championship.

This is why cl;ubs will veer towards the foreign market. The price of the English youngster doesn't compute.

I agree on the whole, but you can't really point a finger at Spurs. Dier, Mason, Kane and Townsend have all had plenty of time with us.

Serbia have a decent history at youth level IIRC, I'm assuming because players get blooded earlier in the domestic league over there they mature a little quicker. Then it all seems to go to shit at full level, their senior side has to be one of, if not the most, underperforming sides going.

Kliment hat trick for Chzec Republic was very good, the left fullback was steaming forward didn't catch his name but was involved in most of the goals assisting two.

Both those players look impressive.

Tuned in because I thought the lad we are interested in might be playing