The 2015/16 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Has anyone tried this? It's essentially a stock market for players. So you buy shares in a player that you think is undervalued, make money when the value goes higher. You'll receive dividends if they are the Buzz winner on a certain day (eg. score a hat-trick)

https://www.footballindex.co.uk

I put £100 about 3 months ago and the portfolio is worth about £160. It seems pretty easy. Did things like buy Hazard and Costa when Chelsea were shite, Lukaku seemed way undervalued, Berahino too when he was sitting on the bench every week. It's not the quickest money maker but it works.

Having said all that I'm now selling them all as I'm not convinced about whether this company will work out, they could go bust so I'm getting out whilst I'm ahead. I think i might wait to see if it really takes off and i might go back in for more once it's a bit more widely used.

You have some execution risk when selling the players, in that you need someone to buy the shares in the player at that price. I've sold most of it already as a test to make sure it worked (took a couple days for them to be sold), put the rest of it up for sale now.

Has anyone tried this? It's essentially a stock market for players. So you buy shares in a player that you think is undervalued, make money when the value goes higher. You'll receive dividends if they are the Buzz winner on a certain day (eg. score a hat-trick)

https://www.footballindex.co.uk

I put £100 about 3 months ago and the portfolio is worth about £160. It seems pretty easy. Did things like buy Hazard and Costa when Chelsea were shite, Lukaku seemed way undervalued, Berahino too when he was sitting on the bench every week. It's not the quickest money maker but it works.

Having said all that I'm now selling them all as I'm not convinced about whether this company will work out, they could go bust so I'm getting out whilst I'm ahead. I think i might wait to see if it really takes off and i might go back in for more once it's a bit more widely used.

You have some execution risk when selling the players, in that you need someone to buy the shares in the player at that price. I've sold most of it already as a test to make sure it worked (took a couple days for them to be sold), put the rest of it up for sale now.

Very interesting concept.

I can't see them going bust as they're effectively getting 2% for nothing. Can't also imagine the overhead being too big to run it.

Edit - what happens when the club seasons are finished and Internationals start? Do the buzz points still get collected? If so, the likes of Rooney (whose value will presumably drop now he's injured......) would be decent punts knowing he's bound to start for England.

B365 offer on tonight lads!

B365 - pre-match - £50 over 0.5 goals - 1/33 returns £51.52

Skybet - pre-match - £3 no goalscorer - 16/1 returns £51

B365 - in-play - £50 on whatever floats your canoe!

I'm waiting to see what you're going on ;)

Burnley

Boro

Northampton

Preston

Reading

Get just over 15/1 for that on bet365. Looks a cert to me, even if Boro are currently out of form.

Northampton looks the only cert to me. :lol:

York will somehow get something

Burnley

Boro

Northampton

Preston

Reading

Get just over 15/1 for that on bet365. Looks a cert to me, even if Boro are currently out of form.

Northampton looks the only cert to me.[emoji38]

York will somehow get something

I can't see it. Northampton have won their last 7 league games and are running away with the league.

Reading was the other game I had some doubt about as their league form isn't great but Rotherham are awful.