Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

I know he doesn't like it, but I think he's more effective out wide where he can create something or come in to score when it's on the opposite flank. I'd start with him and Townsend as the wide men next match.

Guest firetotheworks

Sunderland's defensive mid was comfortably man of the match like, he absolutely bossed the midfield and they looked much worse when he went off for Cattermole.

Maybe just switch him and Moussa?

Aye was thinking that. Think Moussa could be good in midfield if limited to a sitting ball winning role

Nah you play him in the box to box role, where he's getting up and down the pitch. He'd be far more of presence there than Gini. Shelvey in the same exact role he played today. Gini out wide or somewhere else in attack.

For quite a talented footballer, he is ridiculously conservative in his passing like. Just passes it to the guy nearest to him basically every time

There's not usually anyone making a run to be fair. He does try and hold it for as long as possible before being forced to pass to the nearest team mate.

Bloke's a class act, he just doesn't belong in our half. Should always be on the team sheet in an advanced role.

Nah, he needs space to run into. He doesn't get it behind the striker, if you want him to play on the wing with licence to make runs fair enough but he should never play behind the striker.

His role has to be purely breaking into the box late and trying to score goals like a second striker.

He isn't the creative type or someone who can drive us forward.

Not true. He looked very good on the few occasions dribbling through the midfield. It's something he has the ability to do more often.

Thought he did a decent job in CM tbh, doesn't look a role he's suited to at all but carried it forward well a few times and had a few nice touches.

Long term he shouldn't be playing CM though, and I'm not sure playing just off the striker suits him either. I'd start him wide right the next game. Think he showed on the goal that one on one with the FB he can beat his man and then put in a delivery, which we desperately need. Would also allow him to do what he did so well on the left earlier in the year, namely drifting inside and getting on the end of chances in the box and scoring goals. Problem was on the left he couldn't contribute a lot in build up play, as he always had to cut inside when in possession. On the right he could take on the defender and get a cross in though.

His role has to be purely breaking into the box late and trying to score goals like a second striker.

He isn't the creative type or someone who can drive us forward.

Not true. He looked very good on the few occasions dribbling through the midfield. It's something he has the ability to do more often.

They weren't driving penetrating runs which he did, he will beat a man and lay it off.

I want him beating a man and getting a shot off, or arriving into the box looking to get on the end of something.