Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

£27M for a player who only showed up for half a season and even then, it was just the home games? Champion! :yikes:

Even the home games after Xmas were just as s*** as his away games.

Even in this era of insane prices, everything about this transfer flabberghasts me :lol: Reckon this'll end up being better business than the Andy Carroll sale, which is tough to top given how he turned out for them. Zilch workrate and doesn't turn up whatsoever away from home - no idea how he fits into Klopp's plans.

Maybe he'll transform at Liverpool though. He's certainly got the ability tbf, just never the necessary attitude while at NUFC. :dontknow:

£27M for a player who only showed up for half a season and even then, it was just the home games? Champion! :yikes:

Even the home games after Xmas were just as s*** as his away games.

It's a lot of money but in the real world having ONE average/poor season in a ultra shit team & under bad management doesn't miraculously turn good players to worthless shit.

And they'll know he's gonna be a lot better prepared to dealing with English football with one season behind him.

The Liverpool chaps I chat to seem to think he is signing as a central midfielder.  Probably playing in a three.

Not sure I'd sign Gini for that role.

The Liverpool chaps I chat to seem to think he is signing as a central midfielder.  Probably playing in a three.

I would not.

He is not good there.

Only position where he has been above decent is as an 10.

I would not.

He is not good there.

Only position where he has been above decent is as an 10.

He's been better on the left wing that as a 10 for us. One of the reasons we're going down is persevering with him as a 10 for so long. Our good run towards the end of the season happened when Sissoko was moved there and Gini was out left/dropped

Nothing but a shame really. Very talented but very lacking. In another team he may have been fantastic and I expect him to do reasonably well but I won't miss him as he just wasn't good for us. Where the majority of that blame lies is personal opinion really.

Strange signing for Liverpool mind. Best in a higher central role and that can be said of Firmino, Lallana and Coutinho. Interesting to see where he fits.

Liverpool will have given us about £70m for him, Enrique and Andy Carroll. :lol:

They are so awful with recruitment, they really are :lol:

Most clubs pick some duds, but they seem to pick a lot more than everyone else.

Glad they're adding another to their collection with this embarrassment of a footballer.