Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

Whatever we get I will be glad to see the back of Wini, clearly one of the worst personalities ever associated with the club. Good riddance and I hope he fails for the rest of his life and ends up destitute and bankrupt and loveless.

I don't get why we'd be emo over Gini when everyone else was shit too.

We're all happy now anyway aren't we? Rafa and all that. Let bygones be bygones.

I'd rather we kept better players. He's one of the better players. Despite the delightful cliche, I'd much rather we had one Gini than two £9m Championship-style try hards.

It's not about who played shit, it was about who gave a shit and though we had a number of problems with Sissoko's consistency and effort, he would put a shift in for say 1 in 3 games even when we were struggling. He even played left back under Rafa and did a good job when he could have sulked.

Wini just pouted and sulked all season

The weird thing about Wijnaldum is that he seemed such a genuine and down to earth guy when he joined. I'm still not convinced his problems aren't either to do with confidence or ability rather than attitude/application. Maybe he's just talented but he doesn't have what it takes to really apply it at the top level.

The weird thing about Wijnaldum is that he seemed such a genuine and down to earth guy when he joined. I'm still not convinced his problems aren't either to do with confidence or ability rather than attitude/application. Maybe he's just talented but he doesn't have what it takes to really apply it at the top level.

He couldn't be arsed with playing for a shit team scraping around the bottom of the league. Nothing more to it than that.

Aye Dave. If Sissoko & Wini are willing to stick around and put the effort in next season will be more than happy to watch them tear the league up.

Suspect the best option though is to cash in and get some players in who believe in what Rafa is doing.

He couldn't be arsed with playing for a s*** team scraping around the bottom of the league. Nothing more to it than that.

I hoped it was that for a while, but he barely tried half the time, and could turn it on now and then for the tv cameras. I defended him a little as season progressed but now looking back clear as day as to what was going on. He'll probably do well if he goes to Liverpool, but when it counts he's a coward.

I thought Wijnaldum looked invisible for Holland when we played them as well.

He was against Ireland too. He's a talented footballer that spends most of the time not wanting to have any influence on the game. That's why I dislike him. And also his comments after the season ended

I'm over the grudges. We got rid of Colo and Saylor and I'm happy. The rest more or less will add to our promotion push - esp guys like Sissoko and Gini. Rafa will only field them if their heads are on right, if not, he'll sit them - he's not afraid of that. I trust our manager and whatever he decides to. These long grudges are unhealthy.

Played most of the season under the hopeless McClaren.

For this reason alone, I would be willing to give any player another chance ( except colback), providing they express they are willing,- if not- Ta ra.

Guest Gomez

Looked world class for about 70 seconds per game. While Sissoko grew in the last month or so under Rafa, Wijnaldum didn't do much.

One of the most talented player we've had in ages but about 5% as consistant as HBA..

Got to laugh at the Liverpool fan I read expecting a "physical presence in the middle".

1st year in a new country and completely different more physically demanding league, thrown into a horrific coaching set up and team with zero morale.

Think he would have shown his class here in time and certainly will at liverpool. There is far too much go for the jugular and scapegoating here when there could have been plenty of reasons at play.

Regardless the end result is the same, he wasnt consistently good enough, so I understand some hesitancy, just not the pitch forks coming out for the witch hunt. If we had stayed up half the OTT posters would be fawning over his potential and have the opposite reaction to selling.

Don't want Flanagan. He's so ugly he hurts my eyes.

What kind of post is this?

I thought Flanagan was great two years ago and could have been in the England team for the World Cup. But he's played like five games since then so it'd be a huge risk. As a footballer, he seems very intelligent.

I remember that good Flanagan, so what happened last year?