Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

While its still the same frustrating result, especially given our plight, players disappearing in games isn't always disinterest imo. Somtimes they are just players looking either out of their depth (Williamson, Colback) or struggling to adapt to the league, I think there is a difference in how I see those types of players than the ones strutting around disinterested and smiling like a goon when we are 3 down like Ameobi used to. While Colback and Willow had shockers over the past year or so and before the latter was sold, I ultimately can't blame those types of players for being here, its our scouts, coaches and management that brought them here and still play them each week.

I maybe err too much on the soft side of thinking Wijnaldum was more struggling to adapt to the premier league in addition to the horrific club situation around him. He has also had to play a multitude of different positions. Had the rest of the team played well and we finished mid table I think there would be a lot more hope and patience in keeping him given his goal return and flashes of talent. I still don't think its a good enough excuse given he has shown he can turn it out. He has had some shockers.

As it is, I'd be more than happy if he was here next year to give him a chance, I think with a year under his belt and (hopefully) a positive camp and coaching staff around there should be no arguments about adapting and he would flourish. That said I also won't shed a ton of tears if we get good money and he leaves, the latter seems inevitable.

Think I dislike this lad the most in our team. Tough choice between him, Cisse, Taylor, Janmaat and Colo.

Same, but my hatred/dislike is purely because he's clearly a talented footballer that only gets involved whenever he wants too. He's basically what everyone said about Ben Arfa just not as talented as Benny obviously. He's lazy, and goes hiding whenever he feels like it. As a professional that is unacceptable.

It's not anger, it's disappointment that I feel. He should have been better and is probably capable of it. The fact that he doesn't come across a cunt immediately puts him way behind the likes of Owen and Cisse in the biggest cunt stakes for me.

Well he'll be off now. 11 goals from midfield in a poorly performing team (understatement of the season award nomination anyone?) is what the records (the CV his agent is touting)  will say. I was so pleased and optimistic to see him sign for us. Felt like a huge statement of intent. And I have enjoyed seeing him in a Newcastle shirt (even current shamefully sponsored one). Just wish he'd filled that shirt more often. What talent. What a disappointment. If he had the integrity I thought he brought, he'd stay and make good.

It's not anger, it's disappointment that I feel. He should have been better and is probably capable of it. The fact that he doesn't come across a c*** immediately puts him way behind the likes of Owen and Cisse in the biggest c*** stakes for me.

harsh on cisse.

Feel like Andros was more likely to have just been giving advice on how Lloris handles penalties tbh.

I guess. I mouth read please, please :lol:

Tbf that is probably just as likely as how I read it :lol:

Townsend definitely wanted the penalty

11 goals and he spend a large chunk of the season hiding and not trying. 

Imagine if his attitude didn't stink?!  Could have got 15-20 goals FFS. 

11 goals from a midfielder is pretty good like. If he was hiding, how was he getting on the end of those chances? I think it's more a case of him not really relishing the dogfight nature of English football. But the way Rafa sets the team up he wouldn't necessarily need to do as much of that.

11 goals from a midfielder is pretty good like. If he was hiding, how was he getting on the end of those chances? I think it's more a case of him not really relishing the dogfight nature of English football. But the way Rafa sets the team up he wouldn't necessarily need to do as much of that.

Well he had a long spell, from the Man U game to round about now.  Where he was dogging it off, not getting involved in play and where he just generally looked to be sulking. 

He had 9 goals coming into 2016, didn't he?  Then he went AWOL. 

"I'm devastated my goals didn't keep us up". Cheeky fucker!

His cowardly performances, especially away from home, easily cost us at least 2 points which makes him the player who relegated us.

"I'm devastated my goals didn't keep us up". Cheeky fucker!

His cowardly performances, especially away from home, easily cost us at least 2 points which makes him the player who relegated us.

Did he actually say that? If so, what a cunt

He scored 8 of his goals in 3 games.

I'm not sure attitude is his problem TBH, I just think he lacks what it takes to really impose himself on a PL game. Especially in a shit team like ours which is chasing the ball 80% of the time. I would definitely give him another shot under Rafa, like most of the players.

I'm not sure attitude is his problem TBH, I just think he lacks what it takes to really impose himself on a PL game. Especially in a s*** team like ours which is chasing the ball 80% of the time. I would definitely give him another shot under Rafa, like most of the players.

I disagree, he's supremely talented in comparison to all of our players and if he wanted to he could have performed far better. His attitude is his main problem which is proven by how fantastic he was at the beginning of the season when he wanted to be here.

I would give him a shot under Rafa, but I don't think for one second he will be here at the end of the window, he'll be first off I reckon.

First season playing in a team that doesn't dominate the ball, get forward in numbers, have disgusting pace on the wings and doesn't play 4-3-3. Couldn't and possibly didn't want to adapt his game to fit in unfortunately. Made all the more annoying given that he technique is absolutely superb. He'll be a good buy for someone.

Guest Julie Anderton

I'm not sure attitude is his problem TBH, I just think he lacks what it takes to really impose himself on a PL game. Especially in a s*** team like ours which is chasing the ball 80% of the time. I would definitely give him another shot under Rafa, like most of the players.

I agree with H.

I simply cannot see this superb technique everyone talks about. Even if he puts his goolies back in he'll never make ripples in the PL.

I agree with H.

I simply cannot see this superb technique everyone talks about. Even if he puts his goolies back in he'll never make ripples in the PL.

Some of his touches are absolutely outstanding, as is his close control. When he was arsed and in a great run of form, he was holding players off and dribbling through etc. I think he'll always be someone that plays within himself and never try to run games, somewhat; but if he plays for the right team for him next season he'll bag close to 15 goals, I'm sure.

I think it is down to that fact that he didnt take any risk when there was possibilities of being tackled in order to avoid injury.  Whether this is his style or simply he dun give a fuck for us since he is targetting big clubs....i dont know, my take is on the latter but i hope he proved me wrong.