Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

I would like to persist with him but I thought he was bobbins yesterday. Anytime the ball came into him his first touch was fucking awful and we pretty much lost it immediately. Not that he was the only one guilty of this.

:thup: thought he looked completely useless the last 2 games. Usually things stick and he brings others into play well but I had no faith in him doing that yesterday, when he did take the ball down he was either dispossessed or his lay off was easily intercepted.

With how direct we played last night.  If that is the gameplan away from home, then he has to start, unfortunately. 

I heard Carragher saying about Benitez wasn't afraid to go direct in certain games, when he was at Liverpool.  Well, if we're going to do that.  Then there is no point in playing Perez or Cisse up there.  As the ball will come straight back on an even more regular basis. 

I'm not counting Doumbia.  As it just seems similar to the Ferreyra signing.  Doesn't seem like he is anywhere near match fit or in favour. 

I don't actually think he's weak or that he gets bullied.  He held his own against two brick shithouse centre backs.  But when he's facing goal, he's just not good enough.  He is so clumsy and awkward, when trying to run with the ball or take a touch.  Doesn't even look like a footballer.  Shola had more grace.  It's so annoying, that he can get his body in and be physical, with his back to goal.  Yet he never seems interested in causing havoc in the box or launching himself at the ball.  That said, when you have Sissoko and Perez as your wide men and you rarely get any decent crosses in.  Then I'm not sure he's going to get many chances to do this.

Agree with a lot of this, it's absolutely pointless knocking the ball up to Cisse, at least Mitrovic does something useful with it sometimes. I'd play Perez up top with him as he looks the most likely to get a goal. Mitrovic's link up play is usually pretty good.

We might have got away with not buying a commanding CD and not getting a proper LB, but the cardinal sin was expecting a rookie striker with no pace to score the 18/20 goals this season. He has been the personification of the catastrophic recruiting policy with reg to age and sell on value.

We might have got away with not buying a commanding CD and not getting a proper LB, but the cardinal sin was expecting a rookie striker with no pace to score the 18/20 goals this season. He has been the personification of the catastrophic recruiting policy with reg to age and sell on value.

Yup. Like most of the people we buy, they are players who need to be supplementary to the squad, not the first names on the team sheet. Guys like perez, mitrovic, wijnaldum, mbemba etc, they would all do much better at a club which could afford to bring them on when the game is already won, play them in cup games, and let them develop naturally. Putting the weight of this club on their shoulders is just far too much to ask. I do think mitrovic can turn into a solid number 9, but he needs to be given time to develop without too much pressure being put on him. You don't actually NEED pace to score goals in the PL if you're good enough, I mean giroud hasn't got pace but he puts away enough considering he isn't even arsenals penalty taker.

There was a time when we used to praise Nile Ranger for having a decent impact when coming on as a sub, doing similar things to what Mitrovic does holding the ball up and bringing others into play. I see their potential in a similar way except that Mitrovic has more power and is possibly a better finisher. People writing him off completely must be having a laugh. He has immense potential and hopefully we will see it under the current manager. Next season. In the top flight.

There was a time when we used to praise Nile Ranger for having a decent impact when coming on as a sub, doing similar things to what Mitrovic does holding the ball up and bringing others into play. I see their potential in a similar way except that Mitrovic has more power and is possibly a better finisher. People writing him off completely must be having a laugh. He has immense potential and hopefully we will see it under the current manager. Next season. In the top flight.

Immense potential my Arse. He's 21 as slow as treacle and has the turning circle of an oil tanker. He's not going to get any quicker. He also does not have the brain of a footballer and certainly not a striker if he did he would actually get into positions where he looks like scoring. Sadly he doesn't, I look at this lad and other than the fact he can hold the ball up (which in fairness I could try my best at doing) he has absolutely no attributes to make a good striker

Immense potential my Arse. He's 21 as slow as treacle and has the turning circle of an oil tanker. He's not going to get any quicker. He also does not have the brain of a footballer and certainly not a striker if he did he would actually get into positions where he looks like scoring. Sadly he doesn't, I look at this lad and other than the fact he can hold the ball up (which in fairness I could try my best at doing) he has absolutely no attributes to make a good striker

Ok mate, you've convinced me. He's shit and always will be.

People Used to be complaining Cisse only scored goals and rarely got involved with build up play. We now have someone who cannot really score goals...or really look like a threat in the box but gets involved in build up play...wish we had the former.

Need to get Shearer in to coach him how to finish.

And how to hold the ball up

And how to win free kicks

And how to hit a quick snapshot.

He seems a nice guy, but he's shown precious little quality in any (meaningful) department really.

People Used to be complaining Cisse only scored goals and rarely got involved with build up play. We now have someone who cannot really score goals...or really look like a threat in the box but gets involved in build up play...wish we had the former.

Sounds like a 2 up top solution then. But we got Rafa so nevermind :lol:

Guest alijmitchell

I know it's miles off the same but I liken defending against mitro as I do when I play this big lad in our 7s league. Which is incredibly easy. He's strong, easy to niggle and get under the skin ( and therefore him lose focus) plays back to goal, doesn't move too much doesn't work channels. In effect you can almost allow him winning the first ball as well because you can concentrate on tracking runners off it. Since he offers little threat at the goal end of the pitch he isn't a worry.

Guest neesy111

Thought he was abysmal v Leicester.

You are mistaken. He did everything other than score and we created zero chances for him.

Nope, he was absolutely shite.

Will be very interesting to see him up top in a home game with Rafa in charge - if he can use him as the fulcrum of the attack and get Perez, Sissoko, Townsend breaking in behind him then he can definitely do a job.

Problem against Leicester is we didn't get much support up with him, plus they are brilliant at pressing quickly and in numbers so he was never allowed to settle, hopefully not so much of an issue against the mackems.