Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

For his height/build his hold up isn't really that good. He gets pushed off the ball by defenders far too easily and seems scared to attack the ball from crosses/corners

Shearer was much better at it at his age

Must have imagined the umpteen times he won the ball in the air up against two CBs and got it to team mate, granted he never got into positions to score really but tonight isn't really the night where you can say he was bullied.

The problem is, he wins the ball and holds it up it in non-dangerous areas. In the penalty area he doesn't actually create any assists or finish.

That isn't really his fault though, we literally create nothing.

When this mug is your main striker it's obvious that you're going to struggle. Graham Carr should be fucked right off for recommending this cunt at £15 mill.

I'm sure you'll get his usual apologia-brigade turning up to defend him, but if he'd simply put away only one or two of the glaring chances he's missed this season, we'd be staying up. Yes, we all know he's young, never should've been made our main striker, blah, blah, but fact remains that his signing by Carr is one of the reason we'll be going down this year. Fucking unbelievable. I feel for the lad, but fucking hopeless in this league.

Actually thought he did relatively well tonight against Huth and Morgan.  No idea why he passed that cross to De Jong.

He just doesn't have a clue to score goals. Obviously the wider problems run far, far deeper and we've discussed them to death - but putting all of our eggs in this basket is one of the main reasons we're at the bottom. Just has absolutely no striker's instinct whatsoever.

Yep - although I'm not sure if it's a confidence or instinct issue.

Must have imagined the umpteen times he won the ball in the air up against two CBs and got it to team mate, granted he never got into positions to score really but tonight isn't really the night where you can say he was bullied.

The problem is, he wins the ball and holds it up it in non-dangerous areas. In the penalty area he doesn't actually create any assists or finish.

That's got as much to do with the quality of our balls into the box as Mitro's ability.

That isn't really his fault though, we literally create nothing.

His movement is also absolutely shocking and he never attacks the ball

He's so far out of his depth it's a fucking joke, like. Grade A pussy with not a clue how to play the striker role.

You should chin him Ron, show him what a real man is. Punch his nose right off his immigrant face back to Belgrade.

Come off it, man. He's just not up to it.

Actually thought he did relatively well tonight against Huth and Morgan.  No idea why he passed that cross to De Jong.

He just doesn't have a clue to score goals. Obviously the wider problems run far, far deeper and we've discussed them to death - but putting all of our eggs in this basket is one of the main reasons we're at the bottom. Just has absolutely no striker's instinct whatsoever.

Yep - although I'm not sure if it's a confidence or instinct issue.

It's both and that's why the situation is desperate. All strikers go through periods of no confidence; it's their instinct and prowess that fixes the situation. Mitrovic has none of that to speak of. Which is a pity because he does bring the ball down well.

That's got as much to do with the quality of our balls into the box as Mitro's ability.

I don't think so, he very rarely finds space in the penalty area in any case. Even on corners he's rarely winning any headers.

I don't think so, he very rarely finds space in the penalty area in any case. Even on corners he's rarely winning any headers.

Our crossing is abysmal - can't expect him to score goals on scraps.  How many decent balls did we give him today?  One.

I haven't lost hope. His fundamentals are ok. He's got a half decent touch and can strike the ball. He just looks lost - like he's not sure what his role is or where he should be. A lot of the time he's marked out of the game or he's making stupid impossible runs to try and find half a yard of space. He needs to have more movement around him and just let him be the poacher he can be. He's just not going to be able to do that until he has time and space to latch on to half-chances. We're not going to get those half-chances until we've got more movement from the midfield breaking the defensive line.

When our attacking play in general, as a team, improves then so will his performances.

It's not his fault like, but patience is well and truly lost. Nowhere near ready for this level, and potentially never will be.

What, specifically, isn't his fault? He isn't remotely dangerous around the box.

I still rate Mitrovic a lot but I think I'd rather see Doumbia start right now. Him and Perez.

Agreed. Was surprised Doumbia didn't start tonight. Still like Mitro but we don't have time to wait for him, he'll do better next season (whichever league we're in). We don't need fight so much in the derby, but actual footballing capabilities, so for now Doumbia will surely get a look in.

I haven't lost hope. His fundamentals are ok. He's got a half decent touch and can strike the ball. He just looks lost - like he's not sure what his role is or where he should be. A lot of the time he's marked out of the game or he's making stupid impossible runs to try and find half a yard of space. He needs to have more movement around him and just let him be the poacher he can be. He's just not going to be able to do that until he has time and space to latch on to half-chances. We're not going to get those half-chances until we've got more movement from the midfield breaking the defensive line.

When our attacking play in general, as a team, improves then so will his performances.

Poachers thrive on their instinct, this lad doesn't have it. Oh, and he's slow as a boat.