Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Absolutely mental the amount of stick that he gets compared to Cisse.

Fully agree with the comments about it being a disgusting challenge, his play acting and missing some chances but we look 100% better when he's in the team.

Cisse offers absolutely nothing and hasn't for a while. All of this 'he starts to tire out defenders' is absolute bs as he doesnt even chase them down. Absolute fraud of a player.

Fully agree with the comments about it being a disgusting challenge, his play acting and missing some chances but we look 100% better when he's in the team.

Cisse offers absolutely nothing and hasn't for a while. All of this 'he starts to tire out defenders' is absolute bs as he doesnt even chase them down. Absolute fraud of a player.

This is his thread. Nobody rates Cisse anymore. Just because Cisse is finished it doesn't mean Mitro shouldn't get criticism. As I've said before, all our strikers (Mitro, Cisse, Perez & Riviere) haven't done well this season.

His headers are of high quality, thats his strength. Goal yesterday, one against Sunderland, the one against Norwich, these are all top class finishes. Shearer/Carrollesque headers.

His finishing with his feet & general speed of foot very dodgy. He's not scored a single goal with his feet with a defender between him & the goalie. Two pens, two 1on1's and one tap in. As seen yesterday, he tries to get the ball out of his feet & its too slow and easily blocked. He airshot the one slid across, even though it was good defending also. Same reason for these "clumsy" red cards.

He has the heading, the strength, movement. He has to be quicker with his feet, maybe championship will help him.

Are you actually comparing this pudding in the air to 2of the greatest headerers of a ball the premier league has had along with Sir les,  your having an absolute laugh if you think this plank who's headers are an absolute joke to be honest is anything like Shearer or big Andy was

This is his thread. Nobody rates Cisse anymore. Just because Cisse is finished it doesn't mean Mitro shouldn't get criticism. As I've said before, all our strikers (Mitro, Cisse, Perez & Riviere) haven't done well this season.

IMO Mitrovic has done probably about what was expected for a young, promising talent from Europe transitioning from a league worse than the Dutch league into the rigours of the Premier League.

That said, he was not the striker we should have bought. All the others have underperformed and Mitrovic was not good enough for what we needed, if that makes sense.

You cannot remove the goals he scored from being subbed on like [emoji38]

It's not great either way though.

Well you can when I was just talking about starts in my post. We all know he's a handful coming off the bench a lot of the time

He doesn't get more stick, there is just more activity in this thread because people have vastly differing opinions on him. Everybody knows Cisse is shit now so there is no debate to be had

Riviere pretty much lived up to expectations tbf.

He's a target man who scares the opposition and his headers are bullets, but his ball skills are poor; he lacks speed and coordination. The latter aren't the kind of attributes that are going to improve greatly now he's 21. Can see him being a ~15 per season goalscorer in the prem if he gets the red mist under control, which would make him a great asset. Could work well with a quick striker with good touch and control.

Watching him warm up and shoot at the game yesterday, he was by far the worst shooter of the whole starting XI, and that's including Dummet... 0 of 3 went in and none even remotely challenged the keeper despite his noticeable effort. That won't change greatly, so better to focus on his strengths.

Guest awaymag

Dimitri Payet

West Ham

286  per goal

2571  played

9 Goals scored

12 Assists

Shots on targetTotal 55%

Aleksandar Mitrovic

Newcastle

235  per goal

2113  played

9 Goals scored

4 Assists

Shots on targetTotal 49%

Christian Benteke

Liverpool

169  per goal

1518  played

9 Goals scored

3 Assists

Shots on targetTotal 44%

Andy Carroll

West Ham

159  per goal

1434  played

9 Goals scored

2 Assists

Shots on targetTotal 57%

Guest firetotheworks

If it didn't already need to be said, comparing him with Payet only shows you how meaningless stats can be. One has inspired his team to its highest ever finish, the other has been poor in a team that's been relegated.

Well you can when I was just talking about starts in my post. We all know he's a handful coming off the bench a lot of the time

Alright, but what's the point in removing the goals when he got subbed? I don't get what you're trying to say.

Alright, but what's the point in removing the goals when he got subbed? I don't get what you're trying to say.

I didn't remove goals when he got subbed, did I?

His headers are of high quality, thats his strength. Goal yesterday, one against Sunderland, the one against Norwich, these are all top class finishes. Shearer/Carrollesque headers.

His finishing with his feet & general speed of foot very dodgy. He's not scored a single goal with his feet with a defender between him & the goalie. Two pens, two 1on1's and one tap in. As seen yesterday, he tries to get the ball out of his feet & its too slow and easily blocked. He airshot the one slid across, even though it was good defending also. Same reason for these "clumsy" red cards.

He has the heading, the strength, movement. He has to be quicker with his feet, maybe championship will help him.

Are you actually comparing this pudding in the air to 2of the greatest headerers of a ball the premier league has had along with Sir les,  your having an absolute laugh if you think this plank who's headers are an absolute joke to be honest is anything like Shearer or big Andy was

Hows he a pudding in the air? He's generally done well in the air whenever given a decent opportunity. He has a strong build, he's made for those situations. We should really have been putting in far more crosses to him. Headers are a joke? He hit the bar v Man United, Scored from a tight angle v Sunderland, Edge of area v Norwich, decent way out yesterday. They're not easy headers. He's poor on the floor, no point having a go at what he's good at.

Ferdinand and Sheringham were better in the air than both Shearer and Carroll for me tbh. But it's really splitting hairs. Ferdinand's spring and hang time was NBA-esque.

Alright, but what's the point in removing the goals when he got subbed on? I don't get what you're trying to say.

Alright, but what's the point in removing the goals when he got subbed on? I don't get what you're trying to say.

That he's a lot better coming off the bench and he's generally been poor when he's started. 1 goal from play per 4.4 games when he starts

I think the reason fans are divided over Mitro is that he hasn't really proven anything one way or another. He's scored a few goals but not enough. He's decent in the air, but not exactly a sharp finisher with the ball at his feet. Needs to be a 20 goals a season man if he's going to lead the line for us.

A striker with low confidence can easily look bad at times. Especially when he's only 21 and playing in a crap team in a new league. He is a lunatic but i'm sure there is so much more to come from him. I'm pretty sure he will become a very good player for us. Would like to see someone in the style of Remy next to him as one of the players playing a bit wider (along with Townsend IF he stays)  and an attacking LB to give width on the left hand side.