Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Yesterday was only his third yellow card of the season like (and no reds), he's hardly been the monster people are making out. A yellow every 195 minutes he's played.

He's started 6 games and scored 4 goals, 3 assists too. I'd say based on those stats he's concentrated a lot on his football - especially when you look at his disciplinary/goals records in every other season that he has played.

Yesterday was only his third yellow card of the season like (and no reds), he's hardly been the monster people are making out. A yellow every 195 minutes he's played.

He's started 6 games and scored 4 goals, 3 assists too. I'd say based on those stats he's concentrated a lot on his football - especially when you look at his disciplinary/goals records in every other season that he has played.

You can dress it up any way you like, but yesterday was one of the rare opportunities he's had this season to show what he can do and he really can't afford to toss these away by getting himself hauled off at half time. This is his second season here now and he's still making rash decisions. Maybe he was just unlucky with a harsh ref yesterday, but I can see him being unlucky a lot more as long as he's here.

The ball was utterly unwinnable. Had it been a 50/50 ball it would have been rash but understandable for him to go in and catch the keeper and risk a yellow. This though was just fucking dimwitted, no good was ever coming from that challenge and we were very lucky that he got away with it.

Not arsed about him anymore tbh. Still reckon there's a good player in there and when he's playing well he's a fun player to cheer for because he's a bit mental. However, he's an awful fit in Rafa's system and seems to be a bit thick. He's also prone to the whole feigning injury shite which is embarrassing for a guy with his size and playing style. Cons probably outweigh the pros for me at this point, sadly.

Guest neesy111

The ball was utterly unwinnable. Had it been a 50/50 ball it would have been rash but understandable for him to go in and catch the keeper and risk a yellow. This though was just fucking dimwitted, no good was ever coming from that challenge and we were very lucky that he got away with it.

Not arsed about him anymore tbh. Still reckon there's a good player in there and when he's playing well he's a fun player to cheer for because he's a bit mental. However, he's an awful fit in Rafa's system and seems to be a bit thick. He's also prone to the whole feigning injury shite which is embarrassing for a guy with his size and playing style. Cons probably outweigh the pros for me at this point, sadly.

Aye, especially someone as one paced mitrovic is.

People going on as if he was a liability and horse shit yesterday should try playing as a lone striker vs 4 cheats and see if they could do better.

I think a lone striker having to be removed at HT and replaced with a winger because he's on a yellow card is the absolute definition of a liability, like. [emoji38]

Gouffran is a striker he's just never really been played as one for us. Or at least he was bought as one.

People going on as if he was a liability and horse s*** yesterday should try playing as a lone striker vs 4 cheats and see if they could do better.

I think a lone striker having to be removed at HT and replaced with a winger because he's on a yellow card is the absolute definition of a liability, like. [emoji38]

Agreed. No matter whether the first was a yellow or not, he was thick enough to almost cost us the game. He took his chance, well done, but I've also seen numerous lone strikers play against cunty defenders and not completely lose the plot like he did yesterday. Though he rarely played lone, shearer dealt with a lot of horrid defenders and mostly managed to keep his cool like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Different era of football. Shearer wouldn't have been booked for the exact same challenges Mitro made yesterday.

Why are people acting like he lost his head? [emoji38] 'lost his cool'

He didn't at all like, he mistimed a challenge for the ball with absolutely no intent to hurt anyone.

Anyone else on the field makes the same challenge and nowt is said about it.

Agreed.

When you are on a yellow card, you don't go in for challenges like that especially when there's a defender between yourself and the GK.

Striker goes for it nearly every single time the ball is bouncing in between the GK and defender like that, happens in nearly every match at some point. If he had left it, he'd have had people screaming at him for not challenging for the ball and being a lazy cunt.

Agreed.

People going on as if he was a liability and horse shit yesterday should try playing as a lone striker vs 4 cheats and see if they could do better.

Gouffran is a striker he's just never really been played as one for us. Or at least he was bought as one.

Yeah, he was replaced by Atsu. I'm starting to think you're a WUM account of someone else now, like. I think I know who, too.

I get the opinion this is a love him or hate him thread like. I don't particularly rate him but I think you have to have some sort of rationale and balance to criticise him with. Seems to be void in here at times.

This basically sums it up for me. Either way it's moot because if the club's moving in the right direction next season he won't be here. Not because he doesn't have good qualities but because he's all wrong for Rafa. He could barely be more wrong.

Guest neesy111

This basically sums it up for me. Either way it's moot because if the club's moving in the right direction next season he won't be here. Not because he doesn't have good qualities but because he's all wrong for Rafa. He could barely be more wrong.

Our system heavily relies on a mobile striker, you can see how stale our midfield gets without gayle.

He didn't at all like, he mistimed a challenge for the ball with absolutely no intent to hurt anyone.

Agreed.

Anyone else does that while on a yellow card and everyone would be calling them stupid for it. He'd been booked and swung his leg hopefully towards a ball that the keeper was clearly going to claim despite the fact that a defender was shielding the ball from him.

I don't think he was trying to hurt the keeper but does that matter? It was incredibly thick of him. :lol:

Agreed.

Anyone else does that while on a yellow card and everyone would be calling them stupid for it. He'd been booked and swung his leg hopefully towards a ball that the keeper was clearly going to claim despite the fact that a defender was shielding the ball from him.

I don't think he was trying to hurt the keeper but does that matter? It was incredibly thick of him. [emoji38]

Not really like. That ball holds up and he wins it and he'd be in on goal. Have no problem with him going for it albeit it was maybe lacking caution. He caught the lads trailing leg by total accident.

I agree with Ronaldo in that he is the wrong man for Rafa like. Think its nowt personal just doesn't fit his plans.

I've done my fair share of sticking up for him like, I find a lot of the critisism well over the top. Pretty hard to defend him when Benitez is forced to drag him off at half time though.

Think yesterday was as much their doing (and the ref's) that's all. He needs to be more intelligent with his play regardless though :thup:

Guest alijmitchell

Tbh I'm gonna try and stay out of this thread for a while I think. It's gonna sound like a broken record from me with him. Hopefully things will improve and he'll change my mind on him. I do like how he loves the club.

Tbh I'm gonna try and stay out of this thread for a while I think. It's gonna sound like a broken record from me with him. Hopefully things will improve and he'll change my mind on him. I do like how he loves the club.

Stupid love, he's no team player in truth, the way he was jumping around like a huffy cunt showed his selfishness towards the team, and the club.

I've done my fair share of sticking up for him like, I find a lot of the critisism well over the top. Pretty hard to defend him when Benitez is forced to drag him off at half time though.

Think yesterday was as much their doing (and the ref's) that's all. He needs to be more intelligent with his play regardless though :thup:

He was marked by the ref, their team and fans, even the commentators were after him. Doesn't change the fact that on a yellow he should be smarter.

Mitro was entitled to go for the ball as neither the defender or the keeper had possession so mitro swung a boot at it.  Landing on the keepers leg was a pure accident.  The ref clearly saw there was no intent and as mitro was entitled to go for a loose ball.... no foul period.

Fwiw there is nothing in the laws of the game about intent/no intent