Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

I'd kind of like to see him have a second go here. 

Despite his reputation he was actually fairly productive for us in a dire team (compared to Gayle/Carroll/Joelinton)

But when you can choose from the whole sweet shop why would you go for an aniseed ball.

54 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Just had a quick look, 24 goals in 104 Premier League appearances. Its actually not as bad as I thought, but there are still far better options out there.

You're not doing him justice, he has 24 goals and 10 assists in 6937 minutes (~77 games) of Premier League football, that's a goal contribution every 204 minutes for relegated (teams fighting relegation) teams.

13 hours ago, Clark said:
  • 9 goals and 4 assists in 2115 minutes for Newcastle in the 15/16 season, a goal contribution every 163 minutes for a team that was relegated

Dwight Gayle, in his first PL season, scored 7 in 23 apps [881 mins] a goal every 126 mins.

Just now, Happinesstan said:

That your point is bollocks.

How does posting a statistic about Gayle make my argument about Mitrovic being Premier League quality 'bollocks'? I don't think you quite understand how arguments/debates work buddy...

He’s definitely not merely a ‘Championship striker’. In fact that’s a pretty flawed description as I’m not sure how many Prem goals you have to score to qualify as PL irrespective of team. There aren’t many top 10 strikers that hit double figures. 

What I do feel is apparent is he needs to be the main man. He showed in previous Prem seasons he doesn’t have a bad record as the main striker and obviously he’s prolific for country. His bad form for us was when he was second fiddle to Gayle. I’d kind of still want him back but he definitely shouldn’t be ahead of Wilson. 

Just now, St. Maximin said:

He’s definitely not merely a ‘Championship striker’. In fact that’s a pretty flawed description as I’m not sure how many Prem goals you have to score to qualify as PL irrespective of team. There aren’t many top 10 strikers that hit double figures. 

What I do feel is apparent is he needs to be the main man. He showed in previous Prem seasons he doesn’t have a bad record as the main striker and obviously he’s prolific for country. His bad form for us was when he was second fiddle to Gayle. I’d kind of still want him back but he definitely shouldn’t be ahead of Wilson. 

Which is precisely why he should never have been given that role in his first season. If he'd been second fiddle to begin with, he would have been hungrier when Rafa arrived and more likely to respond to his instructions. Nobody can really argue that he didn't earned the right to keep his place, with his performances in that first season, and he was probably justified in getting a bit miffed, at that point.

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Think they often talk about since it became 'the Championship' like with PL records.

Ah of course, I wish it was looked at as 'level' instead of 'brand' but it is what it is I guess.

Edited by cookidge