Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Love him but that finish was bollocks. Why try and go inside against a giant? No funny stuff, just stick it in the corner with more space.

My thought too. Think he just swung his boot at it as hard as he could after being clever to create space for himself.

Lovely character and did okay overall, but not his day. Reckon he'll creep into double figures this season. Just.

The dummy was really good, to be fair to him. He'll be fine, he's still learning.

Had no idea he went in goal for Anderlecht when their keeper got sent off once :lol:

http://static2.nieuws.vtm.be/sites/nieuws.vtm.be/files/videocms/image/2013/12/9de548ff1fe2d7590b61d3adcbf6b199.jpg

I had no idea either. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest, strikes me as exactly the sort that would volunteer to put himself in the firing line.

Vinne Jones re-incarnate.

http://47caza48tvn318lyrs17w45k.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Pic004-Mad-Max-2-Armor.jpg

Still can't believe he didn't bury that chance. Don't really give too much of a shit about the result but that moment is haunting. It was an absolutely humongous moment for us, and I think he tried to be too cute going for the inside. When you see the replays, the other side was so open.

Don't think he particularly deserves too much criticism for it, it's just unfortunate. It was huge though. And what a moment it would have been for us and for him.

:(

I kept thinking he went for that side.  But from the camera behind the goal, it's pretty much straight at Fanta Limon.  Great touch and turn to sit the defender down.  Thought he was so composed in doing it, he was then going to stroke it in.  But he seemed to have a rush of blood and blast it straight at the keeper. 

He's still young, though.  It was a huge game and there was so much pressure on that chance, with us being down to ten and all.  He was decent enough overall and looked a handful. 

Only having 1 real chance for him was the problem imo. Sunderland were so deep and they've got a massive goalie, 2 pretty big CB's and we didn't put in many excellent balls into the box. That said, Mitro didn't get as much of the ball as I would've wanted. Wish he got involved a bit more. Was it Chelsea - Aguero needed 3 good bites at the cherry for a goal. For all our possession we weren't as dangerous as we should've been.

Dare I say it - that first half may have suited Cisse.

Sunderland, like any PL team, will be fairly decent at shutting a team out for a bit when getting plenty of bodies behind the ball. We created some decent opportunities in the opening 44 but either the finishing or final ball weren't good enough. They'd have either tired or tried to open the game up more in the second half which would've suited us more. I don't think there was anything particularly wrong with our attacking play, we were building up pretty well and getting into good positions, just a bit of inexperience and/or lack of quality at the vital moments hampered us. We must persevere with Mitro and Perez, they will have frustrating times but them learning (quickly) is our best hope, at the minute.

11 v 11 we would have won 1-0 or 2-0 IMO.

Wish Mitro buried is goal but the 14 foot man between the posts made a hell of a save to his near side.

it could have been an exciting game had he scored...even with 10 men i think we could have won it or at least got a draw.

Obviously it's all if's and but's but defending like that from set-pieces would likely have had them another from the natural pressure they'd have built up having the extra man although obviously it would've meant we needn't be so attacking and could've tried to see the game out rather than pushing the issue.

Can see why Mitro went near post btw, tried to give him the eyes but Pantilimon read it.

Wish Mitro buried is goal but the 14 foot man between the posts made a hell of a save to his near side.

Nah I like Mitrovic it was just a really bad finish by him. Straight at the keeper with the whole of the other side to aim for

Nah I like Mitrovic it was just a really bad finish by him. Straight at the keeper with the whole of the other side to aim for

I don't see it that way - Easier said than done when you've got a giant GK who is good at making diving saves - he went close and short to go against the natural inclination of what a keeper would do and shift wait to dive far post.

Regardless, he should have still scored in that position. Near, short, through legs, whatever.

From what i saw it was not a bad finish but a good save with his arm. It looked like it was about to go past him but he got his arm out well. I was hangover like fuck so i could be wrong though..