Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

He's a bit flat-footed in the box and seems to be struggling to get to grips with less space around him in that area. We do get crosses in but they're often crap and that negates quite a large part of his threat. I can see why he'd get frustrated but we can't afford for him to be like that.

Was it Saturday when in the first few minutes he tried to play an incredibly inventive flick in the box from one of our usual s*** crosses? Was really unlucky it didn't come off. He's very skilful and aware imo but he's just not seeing the ball enough in the right places because the rest of the team doesn't function. He'll score goals.

He does display some really deft touches and when he gets a run on a header he's good but some of his movement is quite poor and he's definitely a bit slow in his thinking. After all, he will be adapting to this league still and that's to be expected (which is why we shouldn't be relying on him as much as we are).

He's a bit flat-footed in the box and seems to be struggling to get to grips with less space around him in that area. We do get crosses in but they're often crap and that negates quite a large part of his threat. I can see why he'd get frustrated but we can't afford for him to be like that.

Was it Saturday when in the first few minutes he tried to play an incredibly inventive flick in the box from one of our usual s*** crosses? Was really unlucky it didn't come off. He's very skilful and aware imo but he's just not seeing the ball enough in the right places because the rest of the team doesn't function. He'll score goals.

He does display some really deft touches and when he gets a run on a header he's good but some of his movement is quite poor and he's definitely a bit slow in his thinking. After all, he will be adapting to this league still and that's to be expected (which is why we shouldn't be relying on him as much as we are).

:thup:

I think he's definitely a good footballer, pretty good on the deck as well as in the air. He just needs to getting into goal scoring positions more, but that's not easy when the midfield struggles to get the ball out of their own half.

Why's Perez scored more despite playing far deeper then? How did Cisse manage to get 1 in 2 last season?

You're playing with fire expecting players - especially young ones - from other leagues to score goals for you. Even the likes of Shevchenko and Crespo failed in the PL. Totally unique place to get goals and when you've got the opportunity to sign someone proven to get goals for you for a relatively low amount you f***ing break your back to sign him. As per usual we prioritised sell-on value, though.

This for sure. Goalscoring is a definite art. I can't understand why people were so unquestioning of Man U selling Javier Hernandez. A completely proven striker in the Premiership and the CL and he went for under ten million. The same with people saying Kane was going to be a one season wonder, the new Michael Ricketts. Just look at the positions he takes up, his balance, and how he hits through it. Austen looks the real deal too. You can't fluke that many playing for a bad team.

Yep, plain to see we're not lining up chances for him to squander. There are loads of positive things I could say about the lad, but he needs to be more than a one trick pony/have more to his game, if he is going to help get us out of this, and in general to survive and thrive at this level.

He scores most of his goals from crosses, his entire game is based on getting on the end of crosses.

How many decent crosses have we sent his way recently?

Great one to him just after half time on Saturday that the defender got a boot to.

Amazingly, when we benched him for Cisse we then started throwing crosses into the box!!!

Until we start to provide some sort, any sort of service to him, he can't be blamed.

Then amount of chances we create in a game is alarming to say the least.

We are creating next to nothing.

Our midfield is atrocious.

A solid central midfielder is what's needed above all else this January, but we'll probably get some unproven whelk to partner the mighty Colback. Until we bridge the gap to our forward players we'll not be creating anything for any striker.

Until we start to provide some sort, any sort of service to him, he can't be blamed.

Then amount of chances we create in a game is alarming to say the least.

We are creating next to nothing.

Our midfield is atrocious.

Our defence and wide attack ain't much better either in all honesty. hence where we are .

god this fucking club man.

I haven't felt more sorry for one of our signings for a long time than I do for this lad. He's basically been hung out to dry since day one.

He's shown he can finish when he gets chances but they come along so rarely that he's basically just running around making up the numbers, and given his character I bet he's fucking raging right now.

I haven't felt more sorry for one of our signings for a long time than I do for this lad. He's basically been hung out to dry since day one.

He's shown he can finish when he gets chances but they come along so rarely that he's basically just running around making up the numbers, and given his character I bet he's fucking raging right now.

my feelings exactly

I don't know why there's so much negative s*** flying around about Mitro. He's generally played well for us recently with the exception of the last game.

Because it's easier for ignorant people to place the blame on one player than to see the bigger picture.

Perez could go on a run of not scoring for 10 games but because he always looks busy he won't attract too much criticism but because of the type of striker Mitrovic is and the way he is being utilised, his bad/mediocre performances stand out more.

I'm beginning to think he might be better used as an impact sub until we can add some creativity to the team. If it carries on like this much longer he'll be terminally Pardewed.

It's the Newcastle way.

If you come in and don't hit the ground running and win games single-handedly you will be ostracised both by those at the club and in the stands.