Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Guest firetotheworks

So Rafa doesn't want to sell mitrovic because he'll improve another team which probably has much better forwards than we have. But he doesn't need him to help save a sinking ship here because he doesn't think he's good enough. When our options are a joke. So he won't sell him to buy unless its abroad as half the league are a few losses off a relegation spot and a  safe club  don't need him.

The logic escapes me.

Yup.

Not a clue what Mitro has done, but he’s very clearly done something to irk Rafa.

Good/bad is a bit of a basic way to look at it. I think it's much more likely that Rafa thinks he's unsuitable for us, but could be suitable to Brighton because of the way they play. Mitrovic simply isn't good enough for us to change the way we play to suit someone who's let us down time and time again with sending offs and suspensions - which is obviously the thing that's irked Rafa.

I see this argument all the time - which would make sense if we didn’t persist on playing Joselu.If Mitro doesn’t fit our system, then Joselu certainly doesn’t either.

I’m sure someone will point to Mitro’s disciplinary record now - so I’ll answer that anyway... when was he last sent off in a game? It’s a complete myth that we’ll go down to 10 men with him in the side because he’s not been sent off in recent times.

If anything, Mitro would suit our system more with a bit of physicality in his game allowing players like Murphy the chance to get close to him. Whereas Joselu either loses it or taps it to nobody.

Because Joselu doesn't get himself sent off and suspended and does as he's told. Whether you agree with Rafa on that is your choice, but I do. If he was good enough/suitable enough for us to put up with it, I'd agree, but he just isn't. The discipline argument is a completely valid argument, like. Not getting sent off during the odd 10 minute cameo isn't anything to hang your hat on and his disciplinary record remains a joke. Whatever argument for him playing is negated by that for me.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aleksandar-mitrovic/ausfaelle/spieler/51152

He’s played over 1,400 minutes in 35 appearances since his last red card, so that argument is a load of nonsense.

A load of nonsense if you conveniently ignore West Ham, which there's no reason to do whatsoever.

The conversation is about getting sent off and going down to 10 men, did that happen?

Is it? There's an awful lot of 'and suspensions' and  'disciplinary record' mentions in our previous posts, like.

I'm not sure how it's a point to make anyway when the retrospective suspension came specifically because he wasn't sent off at the time. The FA were correcting what they saw as an incorrect decision. If he'd been sent off vs West Ham, it would have meant us being down to 10 men for what? 10 minutes or something? With him still having a 4 match ban. There's barely any difference.

Nonetheless, discipline doesn't just mean getting Yellow and Red cards and giving free kicks away. It's about his positional play, his willingness to muck in and defend and his reluctance to stand waving his arms around and dropping his head when he loses the ball or doesn't get a free kick.

Could easily have been talking about Shelvey, there.

Yup - another reason why the discipline argument is nonsense. Shelvey is arguably worse than Mitro in all areas of discipline and hasn’t really bought much to the team in relation to performances all season, yet he still starts ahead of Merino.

I think that's as much down to protecting Merino as owt else to be honest. Easing him in to the league and lifestyle, etc.

Shelvey fits our style of play when he's on the ball, he just doesn't without it.

Mitrovic hasn't proven that he suits our style of play with or without the ball. Because Joselu holds it up better. That being said, I think Perez and Mitro have a good relationship and I think we're currently a better team with Perez in it.

Guest firetotheworks

Nonetheless, discipline doesn't just mean getting Yellow and Red cards and giving free kicks away. It's about his positional play, his willingness to muck in and defend and his reluctance to stand waving his arms around and dropping his head when he loses the ball or doesn't get a free kick.

Could easily have been talking about Shelvey, there.

Yup - another reason why the discipline argument is nonsense. Shelvey is arguably worse than Mitro in all areas of discipline and hasn’t really bought much to the team in relation to performances all season, yet he still starts ahead of Merino.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jonjo-shelvey/ausfaelle/spieler/71292

There have been nowhere near as many incidents, but the bans have been longer. It's still not good enough but tbf, Shelvey's shown more for us than Mitrovic, particularly last season, and Merino's been injured.

Guest firetotheworks

Joselu does not hold up the ball better than Mitrovic like, not by a long shot.

I think he does, and that's in no way a compliment for Joselu.

Guest firetotheworks

Yep. Shelvey has a special attribute that makes him valuable even when considering his shortcomings. Mitro doesnt.

:thup: In a nutshell.

I have no problem if Mitrovic is not training or being disruptive or anything that means he won't help us on the field. If there is a legitimate reason for not picking him I wish Rafa would come out and tell us. The situation can't be any worse than it is.

Then I'll accept the only options are joselu and gayle and you can stick a fork in us.

Funny you should say that but was going to post about this after speaking to my man at the club today. Basically, it's all down to attitude and fitness.......he's terrible in training, behaves very immaturely and is not at the required fitness for a PL players (his data is the worst in the group by some distance). He has been told to get his act together if he wants to play but has done nothing about it. Nothing to do with ability apparently.

If, that's the case, I wonder what kind of support, if any, he's been given to sort his attitude out or do we literally just say "buck your ideas up" and expect him to figure it all out.

I think people sometimes forget his age when he joined and how young players can be managed into better, more effective, mature players over time. Then again, we still employ Peter Beardsley...

Can't agree with Rafa here mind. He needs money to sign better players than we've got so selling one he never plays for anything approaching a decent fee seems like something he should be doing. Shelvey argument is different as he's actually playing

Look at Ibrahimovic at Barca. Imagine you're the manager and you're not playing him because he's not the right fit, that doesn't mean he's a bad player and it doesn't mean you would sell him to Real Madrid where he's potentially much more of a fit ahead of a title race. Selling to rivals in  January is just stupid, no matter who the player is.

I'm of the mind that your keep yourselves up rather than hope others don't keep themselves up.

That said as Heron said and we all know selling Mitro doesn't mean signings under Ashley.

So Rafa doesn't want to sell mitrovic because he'll improve another team which probably has much better forwards than we have. But he doesn't need him to help save a sinking ship here because he doesn't think he's good enough. When our options are a joke. So he won't sell him to buy unless its abroad as half the league are a few losses off a relegation spot and a  safe club  don't need him.

The logic escapes me.

Yup.

Not a clue what Mitro has done, but he’s very clearly done something to irk Rafa.

Good/bad is a bit of a basic way to look at it. I think it's much more likely that Rafa thinks he's unsuitable for us, but could be suitable to Brighton because of the way they play. Mitrovic simply isn't good enough for us to change the way we play to suit someone who's let us down time and time again with sending offs and suspensions - which is obviously the thing that's irked Rafa.

I see this argument all the time - which would make sense if we didn’t persist on playing Joselu.If Mitro doesn’t fit our system, then Joselu certainly doesn’t either.

I’m sure someone will point to Mitro’s disciplinary record now - so I’ll answer that anyway... when was he last sent off in a game? It’s a complete myth that we’ll go down to 10 men with him in the side because he’s not been sent off in recent times.

If anything, Mitro would suit our system more with a bit of physicality in his game allowing players like Murphy the chance to get close to him. Whereas Joselu either loses it or taps it to nobody.

Because Joselu doesn't get himself sent off and suspended and does as he's told. Whether you agree with Rafa on that is your choice, but I do. If he was good enough/suitable enough for us to put up with it, I'd agree, but he just isn't. The discipline argument is a completely valid argument, like. Not getting sent off during the odd 10 minute cameo isn't anything to hang your hat on and his disciplinary record remains a joke. Whatever argument for him playing is negated by that for me.

He’s played over 1,400 minutes in 35 appearances since his last red card, so that argument is a load of nonsense.

A load of nonsense if you conveniently ignore West Ham, which there's no reason to do whatsoever.

The conversation is about getting sent off and going down to 10 men, did that happen?

:lol: Howay man, just admit you forgot about it and it completely f***ed your argument

If Mitro elbows you in the face but the ref doesn't see it, can it break your nose?

I have no problem if Mitrovic is not training or being disruptive or anything that means he won't help us on the field. If there is a legitimate reason for not picking him I wish Rafa would come out and tell us. The situation can't be any worse than it is.

Then I'll accept the only options are joselu and gayle and you can stick a fork in us.

Funny you should say that but was going to post about this after speaking to my man at the club today. Basically, it's all down to attitude and fitness.......he's terrible in training, behaves very immaturely and is not at the required fitness for a PL players (his data is the worst in the group by some distance). He has been told to get his act together if he wants to play but has done nothing about it. Nothing to do with ability apparently.

Sounds about right. Rafa is a world class manager, he's not about to coddle players who can't show enough desire to buy into his ideas.

The logic escapes me.

Yup.

:lol: Howay man, just admit you forgot about it and it completely f***ed your argument

If Mitro elbows you in the face but the ref doesn't see it, can it break your nose?

I can't see what going down to 10 men would have done we won that game 3-0

Is your man at the club as good as your man in Dubai with the takeover information? :lol:

Ha! Well I for one am shocked at this news!  :rolleyes:

The kid is clearly a bit of an ass. It's such a shame because he is a talented player.

Rafa is very particular and works harder than anyone at the club. He will never ever put up with this sort of nonsense.

Whether he doesn't rate him or feels he can't trust him - and I can certainly understand both perspectives - if Rafa isn't willing to play Mitrovic he should have enough conviction to sell him and find a more suitable replacement.

If we're not willing to sell players to our Premier League rivals, we're going to struggle to sell anyone for a substantial fee. And as I posted before, Rafa has at least been allowed to spend, more or less, what he has brought in via player sales, spending around £100 million and selling players for about £10 million more than that.

Whether he doesn't rate him or feels he can't trust him - and I can certainly understand both perspectives - if Rafa isn't willing to play Mitrovic he should have enough conviction to sell him and find a more suitable replacement.

If we're not willing to sell players to our Premier League rivals, we're going to struggle to sell anyone for a substantial fee. And as I posted before, Rafa has at least been allowed to spend, more or less, what he has brought in via player sales, spending around £100 million and selling players for about £10 million more than that.

With that in mind what makes you think we'd sign someone better than Mitro for the price we sell him at, if it's to someone in this division? Especially when in order to improve the squad we're gonna have to look at teams in the higher echelons across Europe, most of which will be aiming for cups and league titles and will require their top goalscorers.

We are unlikely to spend more than what we sell as  the history of Mike Ashleys tenure here suggests. So what would be the benefit of selling him to fellow relegation candidates? If we don't sell and improve upon him (or worse don't replace him) we've weakened our sporting hand and short term strengthened Mike Ashleys financial hand. We've lost another saleable asset that if a takeover occurred at the end of the season could be sold and add to the investment that would possibly occur.

To return to strengthening Ashleys hand financially, if the sporting hand is weakened enough for relegation to happen then it would force him to lose a lot of money or keep us.

Theres virtually no realistic positive outcome of us selling Mitro to a relegation rival. Not unless something is done out of the current norm, as far as the club is ran.

Sometimes the support or the blind belief in Rafa is really horrible. How can you support the idea of keeping a player when everyone including him knows you don't want him to be here? And rely on him when we have injury crisis? Oh yea fucking professional he must be. Not strengthening our rivals? When we badly need money for bringing in a striker or goalkeeper? No.10? Or you truely believe his value will rocket after six months of frozen out?

Come on man. Supporting Rafa as our manager doesn't mean we need to portrait everything he done is right. 

Yep. Shelvey has a special attribute that makes him valuable even when considering his shortcomings. Mitro doesnt.

A special attribute which barely if ever shows, despite an insane amount of chances.

Exactly. I can't seperate Shelvey and Mitro in terms of disciplinary problems tbqh. I certainly don't think Shelvey warrants any particular favouritism given he's completely inept showings to date.

He's had, literally, a handful of decent/good games.

Sometimes the support or the blind belief in Rafa is really horrible. How can you support the idea of keeping a player when everyone including him knows you don't want him to be here? And rely on him when we have injury crisis? Oh yea f***ing professional he must be. Not strengthening our rivals? When we badly need money for bringing in a striker or goalkeeper? No.10? Or you truely believe his value will rocket after six months of frozen out?

Come on man. Supporting Rafa as our manager doesn't mean we need to portrait everything he done is right. 

Who says we badly need money? Who says the money would go towards those positions anyway?

Stop making things up. If he really wants out bad enough then his agent can find a club abroad. Otherwise maybe his agent should ask him to start pulling his weight if he wants to play.

Sometimes the support or the blind belief in Rafa is really horrible. How can you support the idea of keeping a player when everyone including him knows you don't want him to be here? And rely on him when we have injury crisis? Oh yea f***ing professional he must be. Not strengthening our rivals? When we badly need money for bringing in a striker or goalkeeper? No.10? Or you truely believe his value will rocket after six months of frozen out?

Who says we badly need money? Who says th emoney would go towards those positions anyway?

Stop making things up. If he really wants out bad enought hen his agent can find a club abroad. Otherwise maybe his agent should ask him to start pulling his weight if he wants to play.

It's always correct to say the fat cunt is a fat cunt but let's be brutally honest the chance of buying someone after we sold Mitro must be higher than keeping him right? Look at Darlow, look at Elliot, look at Diame, look at Joselu and Gayle. We bloody need to get someone in to replace these shits ASAP. And you left a potential 10m unused now?

He already said he wants to leave, what else you want more? Tell him to give out his all in training now? He would just say fuck off I am done, and rightly so after such treatment from Rafa.

Sometimes the support or the blind belief in Rafa is really horrible. How can you support the idea of keeping a player when everyone including him knows you don't want him to be here? And rely on him when we have injury crisis? Oh yea fucking professional he must be. Not strengthening our rivals? When we badly need money for bringing in a striker or goalkeeper? No.10? Or you truely believe his value will rocket after six months of frozen out?

:yao: When someone has fallen hook, line & sinker for Ashley's propaganda.