Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

On the subject of what he is worth, Slimani is 30 in June and under contract at Leicester till 2021 when he's about to turn 33. For someone that age, a long contract heads into the zone where its less of an asset and more of a liability.

Given Mitro is banging them in in the still cashed-up second tier of English football, they're probably worth the same now.

On the subject of what he is worth, Slimani is 30 in June and under contract at Leicester till 2021 when he's about to turn 33. For someone that age, a long contract heads into the zone where its less of an asset and more of a liability.

Given Mitro is banging them in in the still cashed-up second tier of English football, they're probably worth the same now.

straight swap!

If you're Rafa, you are only bothered about which one will make your team perform better in the Premier, he won't really give a toss about the age or £ value.

Slimani should go for £12-15m. He’ll be 30 by the time next season begins. Price should be similar to Llorente.

Or even a little less given he was being bought by Spurs and doesn't have anything near Llorente's experience/performance in top divisions. Couple of years younger though.

The issue is how much leicester payed for him

Correct me if I am wrong, but Slimani doesn't look a lot faster than Mitrovic...I think?

I think there are many similarities between Slimani and Mitro but, from the very short period I watched him in his debut for us he impressed me with how quick he looked.  He was powerful, mobile and got into some promising positions.

I have a real soft spot for Mitro but, he has never shown the form he is playing with currently at Fulham while playing for us, well maybe he had a couple of decent performances but, never consistent.  I always felt frustration with Mitro in that while Rafa always seemed to have a game plan for each match we played, when Mitro entered the field it looked clear to me that he was not playing to the system the manager expected.  If he cannot follow instructions and worse than that cannot avoid stupid bookings then, in our team with the limited talent we have, he does not have a place.

I do wonder if he even wants to come back to Newcastle now, he is getting regular game time and doing well.  Something he will not get easily at Newcastle.

From Mitro's point of view, I doubt he'd be looking to come back if a move to Fulham is available. If Fulham get promoted it's a bit risky to spend money on him... but then I guess any striker they can afford will be a bit like that.

Mitro cost NUFC £13m a couple of years ago. He's in great goal scoring form since he went to Fulham. Transfer fees have gone even crazier since we bought him. He's 23 and on a long contract. Some Championship clubs are now paying £15m for strikers. NUFC should easily get £20m at least for Mitro if Rafa wants to sell him. Could even risk loaning him out again if we didn't need the money as he may appreciate in value.

Him and £5m for Cairney.

A 23 year old premiership forward and 5m for a 27 year old championship midfielder? In what world does that make sense? I mean Cairney has been at fulham 3 years now and they have failed to get promotion, Mitro has been there half a week and there is a chance he will promote them. Other factors are involved of course.

It will be interesting to see what kind of impact he has in the play-offs.

Yeah we absolutely shouldn't be paying money in that kind of deal. Cairney is an unproven PL product and is a good few years older. There is a premium placed on strikers for obvious reasons, Mitro is a striker in form right now, he's also scored goals at PL level, so can make the step up if given the  chance to play. His absence from our team has been the one thing I find difficult to accept from Rafa, especially when we've had Gayle and Joselu being preferred to him. His time at NUFC is over as long as Rafa is here, so we need to cash in, in the summer, 20 million should be the starting point for negotiations and preferably I would like to see him move abroad, because he's going to come back and bite us on the arse I feel.

Yeah we absolutely shouldn't be paying money in that kind of deal. Cairney is an unproven PL product and is a good few years older. There is a premium placed on strikers for obvious reasons, Mitro is a striker in form right now, he's also scored goals at PL level, so can make the step up if given the  chance to play. His absence from our team has been the one thing I find difficult to accept from Rafa, especially when we've had Gayle and Joselu being preferred to him. His time at NUFC is over as long as Rafa is here, so we need to cash in, in the summer, 20 million should be the starting point for negotiations and preferably I would like to see him move abroad, because he's going to come back and bite us on the arse I feel.

Very well put.

I don't think so personally. I feel that both Mitro and Gayle work best playing off another striker, and not many clubs in the Premier do that nowadays. Maybe he could be more effective in a team which pressed high up, but until we see him impressing regularly in the Premier we won't really know.

I don't think so personally. I feel that both Mitro and Gayle work best playing off another striker, and not many clubs in the Premier do that nowadays. Maybe he could be more effective in a team which pressed high up, but until we see him impressing regularly in the Premier we won't really know.

Isn't it always the case that he'll be dreadful, except against us.

Isn't it always the case that he'll be dreadful, except against us.

Not if you look at it dispassionately, like say Rafa would do.