Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

"It's an unbelievable feeling for a manager like Rafa Benitez to give me the captain's armband at a club like this."

"I want to repay the manager's faith by leading this team back into the Premier League."

These two lines :smitten:

Not even sure he should be starting but good luck to the kid. Seems a bright lad.

Why not? You think Hanley Mbemba is a better shout?

Potentially, haven't seen enough of Hanley to pass full comment but Lascelles still has to improve for me. Good to have competition for places either way, will push players on.

Great Choice and one that probably wasnt expected by a lot of people. I for one am delighted with it.

What delights me even more is the fact that most of the people here are happy with the choice as well. I definitely thought that the usual cynics would be out in force lambasting the decision....

Probably isn't measurable, but can't harp enough on what Rafa's confidence in Jamaal does for him and his career. Really do love seeing how humble, aware, and appreciative he is on both being the captain for Rafa and this club (us).

He's not an evident starting player though and hasn't played much, it is a bold move.

And that is what you call good management imo, Rafa throwing down the gauntlet to him because he sees leadership and good defender in him.

He's not an evident starting player though and hasn't played much, it is a bold move.

Based on since Rafa's been in charge he should be and it shouldn't even be up for debate. Honestly i don't think it's that bold of a move, it's the obvious decision and most managers worth their salt would do the same.

And that is what call good management imo, Rafa throwing down the gauntlet to him because he sees leadership and good defender in him.

:thup: Agreed.

Was thinking this. Still a gamble Imo. If you took the 4 current centre-halves at face value at half-time during the Southampton hammering, he'd have probably been number 4, 3 at a push  I just hope we're not expecting too much.

The improvement in attitude across-the-board seems completely genuine. We've cleared-out the ones who never gave a toss, replaced them with good personalities and promoted from within those who are really up for the fight. I'll be really surprised if we see anything like the dozens of half-arsed performances we've witnessed over the last two-and-a-half seasons, and Lascelles is rightfully the poster boy of this change in culture.

Onwards. :thup: :thup: :thup:

Was thinking this. Still a gamble Imo. If you took the 4 current centre-halves at face value at half-time during the Southampton hammering, he'd have probably been number 4, 3 at a push  I just hope we're not expecting too much.

Because he had hardly played, honestly i don't why what happened before is relevant at all. He's been fantastic since he came into the side and i'm struggling to understand why it's a gamble.