Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Can't think of a better captain we've had. Probably ever!

Best one since Shearer certainly.

I don't think even Shearer lead by example (at least on the field) the way Jamaal does. Possibly as its not really something you can do as a striker.

Not knocking him like he basically kept us in the top half for 5 seasons, but Jamaal is fighting for our premier league status with every minute at the minute.

Nolan was a fantastic captain tbf.

Aye, lots of similarities can be drawn between the two in terms of their leadership, namely the state they found the club in and their passionate connection with the fans. Lascelles edges it for me though, due to a few things including his outspokenness, his age & the fact he was unproven before arriving here. Love him.

Strange to think this is a lad who struggled at times last season in the Championship and was possibly not even considered first choice at the start of the season. He's an absolute colossus for us now and is everything a captain should be on and off the field. He has also improved every part of his game.

Shows true leadership, pride and courage and I think that's a rarity among footballers these days, he's a true leader in the mould of old style captains like Tony Adams, Roy Keane, Shearer etc but Jamaal fits the bill perfectly. Would be criminal to take the likes of Smalling ahead of him to the world Cup. (Not just based on today's showing).

There was a great interview in one of the papers today where he describes Rafa pulling him in on a Monday morning to watch video playbacks of where he went wrong, down to even how his foot is positioned . :lol:

He does it with every player apparently, but doesn't lose his temper, just explains what they've done wrong and how to fix it.

Classic centre half stuff today. Love him.

Indeed, won every header asked of him today, some of which were very awkward namely a freekick they had in the second half. What a defender he is.

The one he cleared under the bar for a corner? Time seemed to stop for him as he charged around the box to get to it. Superb stuff.

One thing last year that p*ssed me off was his sloppy distribution. While he will misplace a pass now and again, he very rarely gives the ball away these days. Unbelievable improvement in every area of his game.

This :thup:

From an NUFC point of view I'd rather he didn't go and his performances are not really recognised, just so we can keep a hold of him. That is at least until we have been taken over with ambition who would want to build a team with him, rather than one who will be counting his worth going up and up.

Looking more and more like the player that he was predicted to be in that Michael Calvin book - basically has all the raw attributes you could want in a centre half.  And he couldn't have a better manager to develop under.

From an NUFC point of view I'd rather he didn't go and his performances are not really recognised, just so we can keep a hold of him. That is at least until we have been taken over with ambition who would want to build a team with him, rather than one who will be counting his worth going up and up.

Based on absolutely nothing except the way his game has developed under Rafa's guidance I think he's seen as the cornerstone around which Rafa wants to build his team. If the fat one tries to profit from the sale of Lacelles I think that would push Rafa over the edge .

Guest firetotheworks

I think I could only be happier by a turnaround had it been Joselu tbh. Chuffed for Diame after all the over the top stick he's had.