Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

I could honestly see him turning Chelsea down and then being forced out a la Carroll.

Well it's a theory which fits and has the usual suspects in the black hats and in the white hats, in the Barrack Road Ranch. Personally, I think he a highly ambitious young man and suspect his head would be well and truly turned by Champions League type interest.

He'll know he could commit to stay for Rafa who has shown him trust and then rafa could be sacked and joe kinnear lurched back into replace him and be back in the championship in no time. If the future is precarious for the club, and it always will be while ashley is in charge, we will struggle to keep players even ones not only motivated by money. And even then as much as we hate players for being greedy, Newcastle sink again, he may never get a serious chance at premier league wages again, wages that could keep him well fed for life. I wouldn't like it, I'd even dislike him for jumping ship but couldn't outright hate any player for thinking they will only be let down, because we will only be let down while Ashley is in charge.

Can't see him being forced out of the club quite like Carroll was. There was an agenda there with Llmbias at the time. He wanted rid of all the strong voices around the dressing room, and wanted to gut the club of all those that didn't sign that bonus sheet as soon as possible.

Not saying that the club wouldn't take favourably to selling anyone for a pretty penny - but it's more likely this time round they'd allow Lascelles to stay on improved terms rather than hoy him out as first chance.

He's bound to be on the radar of all kinds of clubs across Europe - that's the way football is nowadays - but until there is a bit more concrete reporting in the press about interest, not worrying one bit. Whatever that link that was posted up about Chelsea is nothing more than clickbait nonsense, that's manufacturing rumours. Could have quite easily replaced Chelsea with Arsenal, Spurs, hell even Dortmund.

If you get told by your bosses you're not wanted it kinda forces you out like. Of course Pardew would have done all he could to help Ashley out too.

Poor Andy having to accept a massive wage increase and going to a much better team. My heart bleeds for him.

Guest Howaythetoon

Not sure what he was thinking tbh, we got very lucky there. A rare gift from a referee.

Again I think it was an instinctive reaction that most defenders would have attempted to do, it was a slight nudge. He was very lucky though. It’s about time we had such luck mind!

Whisper it, but not a million miles away from going to the World Cup this summer with England.

Where every tackle he makes probably gets penalised by non-Premier League referees. Like Shola when he played in Europe. Every time he jumped it seemed to be a foul. 

After doing pretty much a lap around the pitch after the final whistle to clap the supporters he then called a little girl over, took his top off, gave it to her, then shook hands with her dad.

He was last off the pitch. Whatever happens in the future, he’s our most important player in the here and now. Wealthy clubs will be in for him for sure but let’s worry about that another time.

Air tight at the back with Lejeune today.

They were talking to each other the whole match.. it's great to see.

After doing pretty much a lap around the pitch after the final whistle to clap the supporters he then called a little girl over, took his top off, gave it to her, then shook hands with her dad.

He was last off the pitch. Whatever happens in the future, he’s our most important player in the here and now. Wealthy clubs will be in for him for sure but let’s worry about that another time.

Air tight at the back with Lejeune today.

They were talking to each other the whole match.. it's great to see.

:thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

He was superb today, him and Lejune. Lascelles is so dominant in the air and he’s becoming very tough and cynical almost as well, but in a no nonsense way.