Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Guest alijmitchell

Don't get me wrong, he has been outstanding all season - but part of me wonders if he could really cut it in any other system than Rafa's. I'm not sure he's a particularly gifted footballer, but in our system, Rafa gets the absolute best out of him despite his weaknesses on the ball. I'm not sure England would build a system to suit him in the same way. He's often just passing it on to Shelvey/Diame/Lejeune. Maybe there would be extra responsibilities on him for England.

I see people say that quite a bit but really...I don't think he needs to be protected. He plays against the best in the world and frequently comes out on top, it's a bit of an oversimplification to suggest it's entirely Rafa's tactics.

It was still Rafa's tactics in play when Lascelles was injured and we were losing every week...

Don't get me wrong, he has been outstanding all season - but part of me wonders if he could really cut it in any other system than Rafa's. I'm not sure he's a particularly gifted footballer, but in our system, Rafa gets the absolute best out of him despite his weaknesses on the ball. I'm not sure England would build a system to suit him in the same way. He's often just passing it on to Shelvey/Diame/Lejeune. Maybe there would be extra responsibilities on him for England.

Agree with this to some extent at least. He's absolutely vital to us and we've needed somebody like him for years but not sure how good he'd be in a side that's on the front foot most of the time

John Terry wasn't great on the ball either. That's why Rio was alongside him. Put someone like Stones alongside Lascelles and two pacey wing backs and we'd be sound. Absolutely love Lascelles me like. My favourite player by a long shot atm.

John Terry wasn't great on the ball either. That's why Rio was alongside him. Put someone like Stones alongside Lascelles and two pacey wing backs and we'd be sound. Absolutely love Lascelles me like. My favourite player by a long shot atm.

Terry didn't play for a manager who seems obsessed with building out from the back and failing miserably tbf.

I don't agree with him and for me Lascelles has been the best English CB by a considerable distance but it is what it is.

John Terry had two excellent feet. Imo he was a better passer than Rio. 

However, Rio was a more comfortable player on the ball as in moving forward with it into midfield.  Better first touch.

England won’t get anywhere trying to dominate possession. Try that and be lucky to make it out the group.

It’s not just the footballing ability you get with Lascelles though, he would turn that squad upside down. Future England captain, of that i have no doubt. The current establishment will be looking over their shoulders when he comes into the fold.

Any 24 year old player that’s willing to slap Mo Diame around for the good of his team is one scary individual.

In opta's team of the season. Proof of greatness.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/05/15/17/4C48174B00000578-0-image-a-5_1526401150169.jpg

All the more farcical if he doesn't go :lol:

In opta's team of the season. Proof of greatness.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/05/15/17/4C48174B00000578-0-image-a-5_1526401150169.jpg

All the more farcical if he doesn't go :lol:

I'm in two mindsets as far as our England hopefuls. I think Lascelles deserves to go even more on merit that Shelvey for what he's done for NUFC this season. But due to the competition in each respective position, you know there's more chance of Shelvey (rightfully) going.

Not to mention a lot of Lascelles' work here is with his authority. Couldn't see that translating well to the England set up. Poor little Dele would probably be the first to go crying to Southgate about how Jamaal is just too mean.

I'm in two mindsets as far as our England hopefuls. I think Lascelles deserves to go even more on merit that Shelvey for what he's done for NUFC this season. But due to the competition in each respective position, you know there's more chance of Shelvey (rightfully) going.

Not to mention a lot of Lascelles' work here is with his authority. Couldn't see that translating well to the England set up. Poor little Dele would probably be the first to go crying to Southgate about how Jamaal is just too mean.

I think Lascelles has even less competition tbh, it's just Southgate is an utter moron. Pretty much all the English CBs are absolutely trash.

Harry fucking Maguire? GTFO.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Well, Mats Sels is done, so why not re-purpose his song:

"I don't want, anybody else,

All I really want is Jamaal Lascelles"

Piss poor that he's not going to the World Cup, though it's obviously not a shock.

However, he seems the sort of character who'll use it as motivation to keep progressing. So hopefully that's good for us.