For Jamaal Lascelles.

YES!

Well, Mats Sels is done, so why not re-purpose his song:

"I don't want, anybody else,

All I really want is Jamaal Lascelles"

I don't want, any more Matz Sels,

Should have kept this song

For Jamaal Lascelles.

One too many syllables in the first line, otherwise that would sound canny good I reckon :thup:

p*ss poor that he's not going to the World Cup, though it's obviously not a shock.

However, he seems the sort of character who'll use it as motivation to keep progressing. So hopefully that's good for us.

Progressing to a better club perhaps.

p*ss poor that he's not going to the World Cup, though it's obviously not a shock.

However, he seems the sort of character who'll use it as motivation to keep progressing. So hopefully that's good for us.

Progressing to a better club perhaps.

Stop it, you.

I can't say I've ever watched Lascelles and thought he's international quality. He's decent with time on his side.

He's easily one of the best 3 English CB's, that makes him international quality. :lol:

Everything alright in here, I heard a Telling It Like It Is Klaxon?!

Do you think he's international class?

100%.  Confident it will be proven in time as well.

Well, we agree he might well be 'in time' as I alluded to earlier.

What is International class? There'll be players playing this World Cup for Panama, Iran etc who will be International class as far as their Nations are concerned. When you look at Lascelles rivals for an England place I personally think it's pretty harsh that he hasn't made that squad when you look at who has.

I don't like the England National team so personally I couldn't care less but I'm disappointed for him and Shelvey as I think they've both done enough to earn a place when you look at some of the players who will be on the plane.

100%.  Confident it will be proven in time as well.

Well, we agree he might well be 'in time' as I alluded to earlier.

He's ready now, the reason it will take time to be proven is that he hasn't been given a chance.

It's rotten he hasn't even been given the chance. Even Alfie Mawson has been given a couple of shots ffs.

On a separate note, I'm not a fan of either - but very surprised Smalling has been overlooked completely and Jones has got in? Both are poor and in my (admittedly biased opinion) not as good as Jamaal. Smalling was a rock at one point, now he's a proper clem who's almost nailed on to give away a penalty ever game for just holding on to players, never learns.

Guest Howaythetoon

If Lascelles had Lejune’s composure on the ball, and that’s all it is, he’d be one of the best in world football. His time will come, but I feel it will come only with a move away from Newcastle. He may get a cap or two, but to become a central figure for England he will have to be playing regular CL football. As good as he is and has been for us, I also feel a lot if that is down to Rafa coaching him. Anyway at least he will be fresh for next season, providing Ashley doesn’t cash in on him...

If Lascelles had Lejune’s composure on the ball, and that’s all it is, he’d be one of the best in world football. His time will come, but I feel it will come only with a move away from Newcastle. He may get a cap or two, but to become a central figure for England he will have to be playing regular CL football. As good as he is and has been for us, I also feel a lot if that is down to Rafa coaching him. Anyway at least he will be fresh for next season, providing Ashley doesn’t cash in on him...

Sorry, but no. Lejeune is capable of hitting flat 50 yard passes almost as well as Shelvey, only he doesn't have to do it as often because Jonjo is usually the one making those passes. Lejeune's passing is streets ahead of any other defender at the Toon (or in the England squad, for that matter).