Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Considering how long these "talks" have taken place i wouldnt be surprised if it's known within the club already that Rafa's leaving. Lascelles knows it so Ashley might as well sell him anyway with Rafa leaving.. Just än idea.

When was the last time a Michael Martin 'ITK' turned out to be true?

He's embarrassing.

Yeah, not just him, but I reckon about 95% of these ITK stories vanish into nothingness a week or two after surfacing. I'll assume this is another of those for now, as I don't want to face up to the idea of the two biggest characters at the club leaving in one go - we would actually be fucked  :lol:

Premature but im kind of expecting it to happen, same goes with Rafa. Ashley wont change, he needs to die, thats the only solution. Only a matter of time before it all goes to shit. Only reason it is taking this long is Rafa's love for the club and fans, he would have been finished with it a long ago otherwise. Sorry if i sound out of hope, but i've kind of accepted it already somewhere deep down.

Enjoying it? Sorry but :lol: Yeah i would under a different owner. So much potential with Rafa at the helm, and some good players on our books already, team spirit and all that. There is/should be so much positive to build on from.

For some reason I doubt Lascelles would be attracted to Everton over us. Liverpool or Arsenal for example, yes. Everton? I just can't see it. Might be blinded/naive through adulation for him though, there's always that.

I think he'll go just because of Ashley. If there was a glimmer of hope that this club would progress I couldn't see him moving for anything than a proper European challenger. But while he watches our sorry excuse of a hierarchy let the best thing that's happened to this club in fifteen years in Rafa slip away, all whilst probably being happy enough to ship him out should they get a good enough offer, why would he stick around?

What scares me more than anything is that I really do think Rafa and Lascelles' trust in one another is such that if one of them goes, the other will too. It will fuck this club back to the husk it had become before Rafa's arrival. And there's double the chance of it happening. :(

Just can't see it.

Your telling me that Everton have bid 30m but no bigger club interested for that price? Bullshit.

I get it, Everton are more ambitious, but so are Wolves and he's not going there. That Mick Martin is an attention seeking twat.

Also never trust anyone who says "don't shoot the messenger", it's a fall back position if it turns out untrue.

For some reason I doubt Lascelles would be attracted to Everton over us. Liverpool or Arsenal for example, yes. Everton? I just can't see it. Might be blinded/naive through adulation for him though, there's always that.

I think he'll go just because of Ashley. If there was a glimmer of hope that this club would progress I couldn't see him moving for anything than a proper European challenger. But while he watches our sorry excuse of a hierarchy let the best thing that's happened to this club in fifteen years in Rafa slip away, all whilst probably being happy enough to ship him out should they get a good enough offer, why would he stick around?

What scares me more than anything is that I really do think Rafa and Lascelles' trust in one another is such that if one of them goes, the other will too. It will fuck this club back to the husk it had become before Rafa's arrival. And there's double the chance of it happening. :(

Can't disagree with any of that tbf. We've no reason to believe Ashley won't be up to the same antics he's become prolific for here. The thought of the pair leaving is just too depressing for me to consider right now though, so I will do all I can to maintain an air of positivity regarding the situation, as once that's gone what do you really have left?  :)

I just dont think we would be stupid enough to sell.

Our highest value player to a rival. We finished almost side by side with Everton.

He recently signed a 5 year contract and has only been able to show one full season in the premier league.

Another season or so to really establish himself and he will get closer to international call ups and his value will grow and grow. Nobody not even Ashley is dumb enough to think cashing in now is worth while.

And the 30m in this over inflated market is a low bid. If Van Dijk is in the 70m bracket Lascelles isnt miles away from similar quality. A realistic bid closer to 60m plus would probably have the hierarchy potentially thinking about it, but 30m is an insult.