Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Clever as fuck Mike man. Just got it to blow over in one master stroke.

Yep - probably paid the bloke an extra £5k per week for the new contract. For £250k per annum he's got a more valuable asset to flog when he feels like it and he's also gotten the masses to comply.

Fucking joke by Wor Flags imho.

Disappointed to see his flag before the match, interesting decision.

If that honestly happened, I'm personally done with bothering with protests tbh. Fucking sick of how soft we are.

Aye, what's the fucking point?

Disappointed to see his flag before the match, interesting decision.

Agreed. No way I'd have taken it if I was Wor Flags. I'll not be donating any more cash to them personally.

Quite the over reaction man

Guest firetotheworks

I've DMd Wor Flags to ask what they're playing at like. Even as 'a move' it makes no sense at all. I've had enough of trying to empathise, understand, and convince our fans like. If that's what we're up against it's over.

Guest firetotheworks

The point is to protest at Ashley, not protest at the Rafa & the players. As I said before, booing Lascelles or whatever does the anti Ashley campaign no good at all.

You missed out the bit where Lascelles said that Ashley, the person the protest is against, is a nice guy and that the fans are the ones that need to unify.

It was 2 days ago and these mugs have given the signal that it's fine and they'll still get support despite lauding the man responsible for the destruction of the club. It's pathetic.

Not sure what good putting his flag up will do if the reaction is that people now won't donate and will consider not bothering with protests.

I see hysteria is still the principle currency on here. Thought it was fantastic to see his flag pre-match after some of the internet dribble that's been spouted over the last few days.

He made a couple of misguided comments however has continually been a model captain both on the pitch and in the community over the last couple of years. Thankfully the lads at Wor Flags aren't as fickle as it would appear many of our 'fans' are. Lascelles was fully committed prior to his injury, as he always is.

Talking about stopping donations and giving up on protests ffs. Incredible levels of wet.

Good fighting victory, enjoy your Saturday night.

I see hysteria is still the principle currency on here. Thought it was fantastic to see his flag pre-match after some of the internet dribble that's been spouted over the last few days.

He made a couple of misguided comments however has continually been a model captain both on the pitch and in the community over the last couple of years. Thankfully the lads at Wor Flags aren't as fickle as it would appear many of our 'fans' are. Lascelles was fully committed prior to his injury, as he always is.

Talking about stopping donations and giving up on protests ffs. Incredible levels of wet.

Thought you were deed. Welcome back.

Guest firetotheworks

I missed your contribution right up until I read this wank. Welcome back.

Thought you were deed. Welcome back.

:thup: Still a regular lurker, just don't have the time to get in daily scraps with KI :lol: (like you really mate, just rattled me into re-emergence on this issue ha).

Guest firetotheworks

What does DMg wor flags accomplish? Do you donate to them to make the flags or offer to hold them during matches?

To try and understand the reasoning, easier than PM'ing on here. I've donated in the past, yes, but won't go to matches until Ashley's gone.

What does DMg wor flags accomplish? Do you donate to them to make the flags or offer to hold them during matches?

To try and understand the reasoning, easier than PM'ing on here. I've donated in the past, yes, but won't go to matches until Ashley's gone.

Got it. :thup:

Got it. :thup:

Also donated in the past but won’t any more.

Not sure why it's wet. It's confusing watching a protest hold an effigy of someone who has said the protesting is negative. It's confusing as fuck :lol:

"WE WANT ASHLEY OUT, SAY WE WANT ASHLEY OUT! HERE'S A FLAG OF SOMEONE WHO DISAGREES WITH US HOLDING UP THIS FLAG!"

Seems confusing to me. And "fickle" for them to do so. Fickle is changing a stance.

Dunno...it's just a fucking mess.

He did say he understands where the fans are coming from and to be fair he isn't wrong, protesting IS negative! You don't protest about something positive  :lol:

Not to say it isn't the right thing to do from our perspective, but from his he just wants to win games and if he feels having a positive vibe/atmosphere would help then that's what he wants. As he said, they lose, train lose then train again...must be pretty demoralising and frustrating for a competitive sportsman so he probably is taking a selfish view.

Protesting would be a lot easier if we were healthily mid-table...

A bit patronising as always but I agree with you for once. :lol:

Still extremely disappointed in it tbh. He's earned enough credit to avoid a witch-hunt, but he insinuated that the protesters were partially responsible for our position in the table and brown-nosed the one truly malevolent force within the club... coincidentally all on his payday. It was either stupendously thick (especially those laughable comments about Rafa's contract), or he was under instruction from the PR arm of the club. Either way, it's an insult.

But no, we can't even make an example of him: up goes his flag. "Thanks for taking the piss out of us!" Just another example of our fans proving they're happy to swallow any of the oppressive propaganda that comes out of the club, through some misguided loyalty. There's no hope of the fanbase ever mobilising; too many of them enjoy being ridiculed. That's the only 'wet' thing going on here.

Lascelles has been an exemplary member of the club since 2016 and he's still got loads of potential, but he deserves every bit of the flak he's received for that debacle. When it comes to the battle against the owner, it's a 'with us or against us' scenario; if he's choosing to be complicit in NUFC refusing to go beyond the Ashley-imposed ceiling, I'd rather  he just left.

Ashley is the core reason for our ten+ years struggle

Ashley is the one who create chaos for all our transfer windows

Ashley is the one who fucked up Rafa uncountable times

Ashley is the one who gives a fuck about the fans

And according to our captain AFTER GETTING A PAYRISE, he is a NICE GUY

To those who defend for Lascelles, I just wanna give you a middle finger.

Nice to see you haven’t changed :lol:

Quite the emotional bunch of chaps on here. One mistake in the press with his comments and he is a sellout who can leave. Irrespective of what he’s done for the club, dressing room and community last few years - unforgivable mistake, I guess, to some of you?

Also not trying to belittle any opinions I’m genuinely asking. As many of you who are the most upset with him seem to be genuinely the nicer and more forgiving of people on here.

I’m glad there was a ‘backlash’. Just because he’s the captain it shouldn’t shut down the debate because his motivations and background are different. The nature of the criticism is clumsy in parts as the whole exercise has been engineered by someone else who we know has nefarious motives. He was a well meaning pawn who showed some distinct ignorance. I hope hes learnt from it