Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

20 minutes ago, wormy said:

Didn't in anyway forsee feeling so bad at the idea of him dropping back to the bench on Botman's return.

Am honestly starting to wonder if Howe is going to tell him the spot is his to lose even when Sven's fully fit.

Think keeping him in the XI would send a great message to the entire squad! Proof that if someone has to drop out, then you come in and perform it really will be your spot to lose.

Obviously it's hard to make that decision simply due to how good Sven is.

7 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Think keeping him in the XI would send a great message to the entire squad! Proof that if someone has to drop out, then you come in and perform it really will be your spot to lose.

Obviously it's hard to make that decision simply due to how good Sven is.

Aye.

Even starting him against Palace with Sven fit enough for the bench sent a message.

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Why did I think he was on the bench? :laugh:

Because of Jam’s display you were Kool and the gang and didn’t need to be worried about bench cover!! Fucking Howe magic right there again!

:indi:

image.thumb.jpeg.9425ba350ad3540eb6f0a149175795ac.jpeg

Edited by PauloGeordio

9 hours ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Another solid showing against fucking Dortmund. This is also turning into some story here.

I thought he was caught out of position a few times to often and seemed reluctant to tackle, he's fantastic back up but I'd like to see Botman back for the return leg 

8 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Much calmer on the ball now. Passed it through the lines a few times as well.

Been very impressed with him.

I thought right CB was a key area of concern strength wise but his form has eased those concerns. Striker/RW is arguably much more Important now 

18 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I thought right CB was a key area of concern strength wise but his form has eased those concerns. Striker/RW is arguably much more Important now 

I think a proper CL club has 3 first-choice CBs. Or close to it.

Dortmund had Sule on the bench. I've never rated him particularly but he's a full German international with almost 50 caps 100+ games for Bayern. I would've thought he was first-choice. I know ow that Schlotterback or w/e he's called is highly rated too. And everyone knows Hummels.

They had 5-6 well-regarded names on that bench.

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I think a proper CL club has 3 first-choice CBs. Or close to it.

Dortmund had Sule on the bench. I've never rated him particularly but he's a full German international with almost 50 caps 100+ games for Bayern. I would've thought he was first-choice. I know ow that Schlotterback or w/e he's called is highly rated too. And everyone knows Hummels.

They had 5-6 well-regarded names on that bench.

Yeah I think yesterday’s game is a bit of a reality check in terms of where we’ve come from. We’re a very good side and plenty of our players - Miggy, Dan Burn, Murphy, Longstaff have all done well but eventually those players will be upgraded to the next level. More clinical, greater depth and options from the bench. I’m just enjoying the evolution of the side and the progression. 

2 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Yeah I think yesterday’s game is a bit of a reality check in terms of where we’ve come from. We’re a very good side and plenty of our players - Miggy, Dan Burn, Murphy, Longstaff have all done well but eventually those players will be upgraded to the next level. More clinical, greater depth and options from the bench. I’m just enjoying the evolution of the side and the progression. 

We're going to have 5 first-team squad players unavailable on the weekend.

We are going to struggle to maintain results with that. Most teams would. But your Man U's can deal with it much better than we can.

Just now, Newcastle Fan said:

He seems to take more time than he should on the ball and doesn't  strike me with the most confidence when he is on it, but like the others he's played way more than he thought he would in a short space of time so we need to cut him some slack.

Oh aye hes done just fine until today so no criticism for me

But trippier doesn't like playing with him ha

He’s a back up centre half - I think he’s done bloody well considering the time out.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him swapped out next summer, but I hope he’s loving every second of playing at the minute.  Other than a single blip (being positive about Ashley in an interview), the lad has been professional and committed to the club since the day he joined.  Next season would be his traditional testimonial year, but if he does leave in the summer I’d still like to see the club give him one.  He’s one of our longest serving club captains, after all.