Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

At this point there can’t be much benefit in terms of FFP for us to let him leave. Rather just keep until the summer.

He leaves for nothing in the summer. Maybe we might get some small fee if we do it now.

3 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

He leaves for nothing in the summer. Maybe we might get some small fee if we do it now.

They only have interest in him if we let him go for free according to the media.

9 hours ago, reefatoon said:

I would rather have the cover for the next 6 months then whatever nominal fee we get that probably doesn't even match what we paid for him a decade ago.

I know we can't generally afford to get sentimental but if he is to go, he more than most in the current squad has earned the right to get to go on a free and have free choice (after a rousing send off in the last home game).

6 hours ago, Kanji said:

Kinda mad that we didn’t resign him a year ago with the view of selling him for actual fee. 

Maybe he didn't want to?

Guest reefatoon
8 hours ago, Pandamninator said:

I would rather have the cover for the next 6 months then whatever nominal fee we get that probably doesn't even match what we paid for him a decade ago.

I know we can't generally afford to get sentimental but if he is to go, he more than most in the current squad has earned the right to get to go on a free and have free choice (after a rousing send off in the last home game).

He would only leave if he wanted to go to Besiktas though, he wouldn’t be forced to. I think for 6 months we are well covered in CB position and if Lascelles is wanting the move this month, then he has earned that right too. Us picking up a bit of cash is a bonus if he does.

Edited by reefatoon

16 hours ago, Pandamninator said:

Agree. It makes absolutely no sense to move him on unless we are getting a reasonable fee. He's still only 29 and has mostly done a stellar job for us. Just shows how tight money is when clubs won't pay a fee for a proven PL CB.

1 minute ago, Lotus said:

Is he fit? Think there’s an argument for him starting against Luton. They’re a bit more agricultural and Jamaal is excellent in the air.

No it’s not.

Nottingham Forest defender Joe Worrall has completed a loan move to Turkish Super Lig side Besiktas.

The 27-year-old moves to Turkey for the rest of the season, and Besiktas have the option to make the deal permanent in the summer.

So then it is probably reasonably certain that he will be. But then it should be thanks for the work and good luck in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

He was Bramble’esque tonight. I thought he was brilliant until the mistake. No nonsense, aggressive and was passing it about with far more confidence than previous seasons, again. 

Then one monumental fuck up and he went to shit. Fell apart after that.